Gariz gear for GF2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by votoms888, Feb 26, 2012.

1. votoms888

votoms888 New to Mu-43

Feb 16, 2012
    Recently bought a GF2 with 14mm 2.5 for a blowout price and really enjoy it. I picked up the EVF fromt he classifieds and works great. I am excited to be receiving a few Gariz items within the next week. I bought:

Gariz Leather half case for GF2 in brown
    Gariz Leather wrist strap in brown
    Gariz Leather cap sticker in black

Hope they are a nice in real life as in the seller pics. Anyone have any of their stuff they can comment about?

2. 13Promet

13Promet Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Milano
    I'm also courious about those products, as they look very very nice in the pictures, but spending 1/4+ the price of the camera for a half case and strap drives me crazy :biggrin:

I'm not sure about what I'll do, so I'm very interested too :thumbup:

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Who's Gary, and why do you want his gear?

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have a Gariz case for the E-P3, and it's one of the nicest cases I've ever owned. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

5. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

I bought two Gariz wrist straps. One was padded synthetic material and worked well. I was impressed.

The other claimed to be "real leather" but I doubt it has ever seen a cow. It is cheap and plasticky in black with red stitching and a rather nice chrome ring embossed with "Gariz". I hate it. :confused:

6. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've owned two Gariz half cases - GF2 and EPM1 and both have been beautiful cases. They're compact and don't add a ton of bulk to the camera - easy to take on and off - like the tripod mount and the gun shot hardware too. Not the cheapest case, but one of the nicest I've owned and I'm a bit of a bag and case freak, so have had my share of different ones.

7. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    i have a lens cap keeper from them...

i still find it (mildly) funny that they would name their camera accessory stuff "gariz"....or "garish".....:biggrin:

8. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

The name is a play on "Gary's". The business owner is called Gary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.