Gariz gear for GF2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by votoms888, Feb 26, 2012.

1. votoms888

votoms888 New to Mu-43

Feb 16, 2012
    Recently bought a GF2 with 14mm 2.5 for a blowout price and really enjoy it. I picked up the EVF fromt he classifieds and works great. I am excited to be receiving a few Gariz items within the next week. I bought:

Gariz Leather half case for GF2 in brown
    Gariz Leather wrist strap in brown
    Gariz Leather cap sticker in black

Hope they are a nice in real life as in the seller pics. Anyone have any of their stuff they can comment about?

2. 13Promet

13Promet Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Milano
    I'm also courious about those products, as they look very very nice in the pictures, but spending 1/4+ the price of the camera for a half case and strap drives me crazy :biggrin:

I'm not sure about what I'll do, so I'm very interested too :thumbup:

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Who's Gary, and why do you want his gear?

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have a Gariz case for the E-P3, and it's one of the nicest cases I've ever owned. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

5. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

I bought two Gariz wrist straps. One was padded synthetic material and worked well. I was impressed.

The other claimed to be "real leather" but I doubt it has ever seen a cow. It is cheap and plasticky in black with red stitching and a rather nice chrome ring embossed with "Gariz". I hate it. :confused:

6. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've owned two Gariz half cases - GF2 and EPM1 and both have been beautiful cases. They're compact and don't add a ton of bulk to the camera - easy to take on and off - like the tripod mount and the gun shot hardware too. Not the cheapest case, but one of the nicest I've owned and I'm a bit of a bag and case freak, so have had my share of different ones.

7. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    i have a lens cap keeper from them...

i still find it (mildly) funny that they would name their camera accessory stuff "gariz"....or "garish".....:biggrin:

8. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

The name is a play on "Gary's". The business owner is called Gary.