1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gariz case , help!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by zensu, Jan 15, 2014.

1. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I have a Christmas gift in one hand and E-M5 in the other I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of operating instructions for this new half-case. It's a Gariz product with a leather face and metal bottom. I'm afraid I'll scratch up the E-M5 bottom plate.
    Just opened up the box and the only instructions were printed on the box itself simply regarding the care of the leather. No pamphlet or even quick setup sheet were to be found inside the box?
    Any info is appreciated.
    Bobby

2. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    My Gariz case for my PL5 is felt lined. Your new case for E-M5 is not?

• Like Like x 1
  3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Thanks for your response Mstoeckle! Yes my case is also felt lined. I'm just curious what the roman numerals on the outer and inner ring signify. Did yours come with a basic install sheet which explained the purpose of these roman numerals?
    Bobby

4. DJG

DJG Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Watertown, MA
    The roman numerals are there simply to verify that your case remains securely screwed to the camera. It give you a visual indication that the screw is backing out. They call it "locking time".

• Like Like x 1
  5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Thank you DJG! Sounds like I tighten it finger tight then note the position with roman numerals and recheck it everytime I pick up the camera for some shooting. Makes sense to me and thanks again.
    Bobby

6. dlinn

dlinn New to Mu-43

May 3, 2013
    Or never check it again, which has worked very well for me so far : )

7. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    I haven't received mine yet, but I understand that the base-plate screw is also used for a tripod screw connection.

8. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Yes, mine has a tripod socket on one side of the bottom plate not in the center, there is really no room to put it in the center. You might have a different model than mine. I'd read others comments on it hindering the pull out LCD on the E-M5 but it's not that much more of a hinderance to me except on the very bottom. It feels solid and looks great besides improving my grip on the camera.