Gariz Case for E-P3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I just received my Gariz leather half case for E-P3 (purchased from pricejin on Ebay), and I love it.

The feel of the leather is really nice, and the fit is perfect. I really like that you can access the battery and SD card without removing the case.

Some pics:

6178897082_d043151a02_o.

6178373913_eb43695343_o.

6178373841_ea2ec63a9d_o.

6178373881_68f0d82765_o.

6178373767_712161a6bc_o.

6178897162_dc54153323_o.

6178897318_5940e1de62_o.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's super nice! I played with a silver E-P3 yesterday and I have to say that's one good looking camera!

3. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Jealous! My fav half case for the ep-3:thumbup:

4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Very cool, Amin. Does that come with the 'Gun Shot' swivel?

5. sashu1

sashu1 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Amin
    Nice case. What is the viewfinder attached to the hotshoe?

6. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Amin, that case and camera makes me drool, reminds me of great times I had with a Leica IIIg in Germany in the 60's.:2thumbs:

7. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    The case looks great and I really like how it does not seem to bulk up the camera.

8. mobelby

mobelby Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Looks like great protection.

I'm paranoid about scratching my new black EP3.
    My local phone repair store is fitting a high quality iPhone 4 screen protector cut to size and installed for $10 on the touchscreen.

I may follow you on the skin and case too. Need to think that over.

9. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    Oh no! Not another must have item for my E-P3. :thumbup:

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, the Gun Shot swivel is built into the case. The Gun Shot Strap is optional. You can buy with or without.

It's a Ricoh GV-2.

11. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    That is the half case I would have. I think I've talked myself off the ledge. I was THIS close to buying a silver E-P3 when Best Buy had them mis-marked. Now I can't justify it. By the time I'd buy it and add a viewfinder and the half case, I'd be firmly in the $1,500 range.

I'll enjoy yours vicariously.

12. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Well, look at it this way, you can buy it now and enjoy it; or save our money and buy it your next life. After all, the world's supposed to end in 2012 !!!:rofl:

13. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm not a half case kinda guy. But I didn't know they had that fabulous metal plate in the bottom that moves the tripod mount over. :eek:

Could someone tell me a little bit about these devices? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

14. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    just buy everything 2 weeks apart.. and itll FEEL like its not all adding up! trust me!!! ;D

• Like Like x 1
  15. nueces snapper

I used Amin's links and went to the guy's ebay page. Sheesh. Never seen so many pics in an ebay offering.

I still don't get the 'locking time' deal. ???

:confused:

16. nueces snapper

I'm also wondering just how solid/rigid is this base plate. Does it introduce any play when the camera is mounted to a ball head or other? :smile:

17. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have a Gariz case for my E-PL1. Its pretty good quality stuff but IIRC not cheap. It does some height to the camera because of the solid thickness of the bottom plate. The thickness and leather do add a bit of bulk which might be good for those with bigger hands. It does add effort to getting to the SD card as the slot is more recessed with the case attached.

The plate on mine is actually made of durable thick plastic. Can't tell from the picture above.. in one pic it looks metal but in another it looks like plastic.. maybe chromed plastic?

The "Locking time" mark the position that ensures proper torque on the screw for use with their sling style strap which latches to the loop. My best guess is that "locking time" terminology is something that got lost in the english translation. Maybe "Locked Position" or similar is what was intended.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The base plate is plastic covered by metal, and the tripod screw is metal. It seems completely solid/rigid and very high quality.

Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to mention it but forgot. It is best shown in pictures #3, 6, and 7 in the first post.

I don't notice much added thickness, particularly since my E-P3 has no grip (the case is designed for camera without grip) but I do notice the added height because it pushes my shooting hand pinky down further below the camera. No change in comfort, but it feels different.

19. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Case

The Gariz cases are very high quality. I have one for my EPL2, cream colored to go with my white camera, Outstanding match.

20. JonathanS

JonathanS Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 13, 2010
    Wow

Wow Amin,
    My EP3 is also black on black, and that case really provides the classic look.
    Do you regret loosing the grip at all?