1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Garbage Man Saves The Day!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RT_Panther, Mar 31, 2014.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Incredible story but I bet some bureaucrat somewhere is thinking of charging him with theft ...

4. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    Dewi
    Geoff, I knew you were English before i even looked. Very true!

RT. great find, thanks for posting that. I wonder how many memories have been lost though, this guy has put together a superb collection but I'll bet it's the tip of a very large iceberg given the number of men who took part in the great war.

I recently discovered an old album of photos of my own Dad in Africa during WW2 when he served with REME. They were in a box of stuff my mum gave me before she died, I've since logged and scanned them. Some of them were in a bit of a state so it was nice little project for me to "repair" them in photoshop. Their wedding album was also in the box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks for the article. Maybe the guy should donate the stuff to a museum?

When my grandfather died I found a lot of interesting photographs. He was in the Navy during WW2 but never left the US. He had some pictures of captured Japanese aircraft that were shipped home on an aircraft carrier for evaluation. After the war he was a police officer here in Roswell and knew a lot of the guys who worked at the air base. Walker Airforce base was the base where the atomic B-29s were stationed. I found in my grandfather's pictures prints of the Bikini atoll tests with "classified" stamped on the back. My grandfather was quit an wheeler and dealer and probably traded something to get those pictures. I need to dig them out and scan them!

• Like Like x 1