Garbage Man Saves The Day!

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
Incredible story but I bet some bureaucrat somewhere is thinking of charging him with theft ...

Dewi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dewi
Geoff, I knew you were English before i even looked. Very true!

RT. great find, thanks for posting that. I wonder how many memories have been lost though, this guy has put together a superb collection but I'll bet it's the tip of a very large iceberg given the number of men who took part in the great war.

I recently discovered an old album of photos of my own Dad in Africa during WW2 when he served with REME. They were in a box of stuff my mum gave me before she died, I've since logged and scanned them. Some of them were in a bit of a state so it was nice little project for me to "repair" them in photoshop. Their wedding album was also in the box.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for the article. Maybe the guy should donate the stuff to a museum?

When my grandfather died I found a lot of interesting photographs. He was in the Navy during WW2 but never left the US. He had some pictures of captured Japanese aircraft that were shipped home on an aircraft carrier for evaluation. After the war he was a police officer here in Roswell and knew a lot of the guys who worked at the air base. Walker Airforce base was the base where the atomic B-29s were stationed. I found in my grandfather's pictures prints of the Bikini atoll tests with "classified" stamped on the back. My grandfather was quit an wheeler and dealer and probably traded something to get those pictures. I need to dig them out and scan them!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom