Gaeta, Italy

David A

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yeah, cloudy All the time unfortunately..

Perhaps not unfortunate photographically. I like what grey days do for a lot of colours. Brighter colours certainly "pop" more on an overcast day, but I'm coming to appreciate the look of the grey and green, and some of the other darker tonal ranges on such days more and more. There are some lovely combinations in a lot of those shots.

tardegardo

Mu-43 Veteran
Perhaps not unfortunate photographically. I like what grey days do for a lot of colours. Brighter colours certainly "pop" more on an overcast day, but I'm coming to appreciate the look of the grey and green, and some of the other darker tonal ranges on such days more and more. There are some lovely combinations in a lot of those shots.

Yeah, you are right actually.

tardegardo

Mu-43 Veteran
Well Tarde, I am biased since I love Italy... It is the "old country" after all. :smile:
Ciao

Yes, it is, so old and sometimes abandoned too…!
You are from Virginia (from what I can see)?
Never been there but know a bit of the US, the Midwest, and few years ago spent an amazing and unforgettable Honeymoon in the east coast (connecticut, Massachusetts, etc).

anidel

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, cloudy All the time unfortunately..

That's Italy for you in March/April :)

We call March the "mese pazzo" (crazy month) for it's very unsettled weather (compared to the steadiness of the other months).

And yeah, Easter weekend is always a gamble, that we always lose :/

(PS: I'm Italian btw :p)

tardegardo

Mu-43 Veteran
That's Italy for you in March/April :)

We call March the "mese pazzo" (crazy month) for it's very unsettled weather (compared to the steadiness of the other months).

And yeah, Easter weekend is always a gamble, that we always lose :/

(PS: I'm Italian btw :p)

ahhaha…! Di dove sei esattamente Anidel?
(Where are you from exactly Anidel?)

Io di Roma, e sulla inaffidabilità di marzo hai perfettamente ragione...

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes, it is, so old and sometimes abandoned too…!
You are from Virginia (from what I can see)?
Never been there but know a bit of the US, the Midwest, and few years ago spent an amazing and unforgettable Honeymoon in the east coast (connecticut, Massachusetts, etc).
I am from Maryland (but that's beside the point since Maryland is beside Virginia), I have been in a good portion of Italy (Florence, Rome, Venice, Naples, Sorento, Pompei) but didn't stay in any one location for very long. I'm ready to go back of course.

tardegardo

Mu-43 Veteran
I am from Maryland (but that's beside the point since Maryland is beside Virginia), I have been in a good portion of Italy (Florence, Rome, Venice, Naples, Sorento, Pompei) but didn't stay in any one location for very long. I'm ready to go back of course.

Oh. Great. Ready to swap our houses whenever you want! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom