1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G9 image stabiliser

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by panamike, Mar 13, 2018.

1. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Just downloaded the manual to look at the way this can work,at first i thought with a lens like the 100-400 i could choose,body,lens or dual stabilisation.
    Then on further reading it began to look like Panasonic again have said i cannot choose to use lens only with dual is lenses like my 100-400.
    Could some one who owns the G9 and 100-400 please check to see if you can use lens only stabilisation.

Capture.JPG

2. masayoshi

masayoshi Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2016
    Salt Lake City
    Masaaki
    So, either DUAL 2 or complete OFF. This is done from the power OIS switch on the lens. There isn't a menu that allows me to do 'only IBIS' or 'only OIS'. This is fine with me, but you are not?

3. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Thanks i prefer lens only for BIF.

4. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    You can set panning stabilizing only if you like.

Edit -I had to update the firmware on my PZ 45-175 to allow dual IS with it, didn't seem like that much of a difference before/after to me -I suspect the system uses mostly lens IS on longer focal lengths anyway.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Melbourne, Australia
    On the G9 the menu allows you to select IS when the OIS is switched off. If the option wasn't available normally it'd be greyed out. But the monitor shows IS as turned off. Could just be a programming bug.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.