G9 and bulb mode

I recently bought the G9 and love it, but am struggling to find information on using bulb mode for long exposures.

I've searched quite a bit using Google, and not come up with a great deal that helps.

I've used bulb mode in both a Canon 70D and Canon M5, so not entirely unfamiliar with the idea.

Any help with setting for longer exposures than 60 seconds much appreciated. Or is it simply not possible with the G9

Many thanks.

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Martin
I recently bought the G9 and love it, but am struggling to find information on using bulb mode for long exposures.

I've searched quite a bit using Google, and not come up with a great deal that helps.

I've used bulb mode in both a Canon 70D and Canon M5, so not entirely unfamiliar with the idea.

Any help with setting for longer exposures than 60 seconds much appreciated. Or is it simply not possible with the G9

Many thanks.
Is the electronic shutter activated? mechanical shutter should be able to do long exposures.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
While I don't own a G9 I presume it works the same as my G85. As per above by @ScottinPollock put the camera in "M" and rotate the shutter speed to you get to "B" showing as the speed. The shutter stays open while you hold the shutter release down. There may be a limit to how long you can hold the shutter open [most digitals have a limit] to stop excess noise. I just tested mine to about 10 seconds.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
While I don't own a G9 I presume it works the same as my G85. As per above by @ScottinPollock put the camera in "M" and rotate the shutter speed to you get to "B" showing as the speed. The shutter stays open while you hold the shutter release down. There may be a limit to how long you can hold the shutter open [most digitals have a limit] to stop excess noise. I just tested mine to about 10 seconds.
With the GH2 I would use a remote cable and be able to get 128 seconds in bulb mode.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
From the advanced manual:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bulb is available in M with the mechanical and front curtain, but not the electronic.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom