1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G9 and bulb mode

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by mcgillro, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:30 AM.

1. mcgillro

mcgillro Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Hastings, NZ
    I recently bought the G9 and love it, but am struggling to find information on using bulb mode for long exposures.

I've searched quite a bit using Google, and not come up with a great deal that helps.

I've used bulb mode in both a Canon 70D and Canon M5, so not entirely unfamiliar with the idea.

Any help with setting for longer exposures than 60 seconds much appreciated. Or is it simply not possible with the G9

Many thanks.

2. Andrewmap

Andrewmap Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Martin
    Is the electronic shutter activated? mechanical shutter should be able to do long exposures.

3. ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Put the camera in "M" mode, and you'll then have B available as a shutter speed.

4. mcgillro

Feb 10, 2019
    Hastings, NZ
    I think that may be one problem - have since changed it to auto, after Googling. will make a note to try mechanical as well.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcgillro

Feb 10, 2019
    Hastings, NZ
    I tried that, but just got red text, and no ability to set shutter and aperture, or take an image.

Thanks

6. Mike Wingate

Mike Wingate Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 21, 2017
    Altrincham
    Mike Wingate
    Select AUTO for shutter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    While I don't own a G9 I presume it works the same as my G85. As per above by @ScottinPollock@ScottinPollock put the camera in "M" and rotate the shutter speed to you get to "B" showing as the speed. The shutter stays open while you hold the shutter release down. There may be a limit to how long you can hold the shutter open [most digitals have a limit] to stop excess noise. I just tested mine to about 10 seconds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.