G85 Strobes

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by hockey-fan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. hockey-fan

hockey-fan New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2017
    Anybody using a 3rd party strobe with their G85?

I'm a relatively new G85 owner, but I just realized that the hot shoe does not seem to be working. I don't have a Lumix strobe, but I've tried it with a new TTL Neewer NW320, as well as a trusty old Sunpak. Both strobes work on my GH-1. I've checked and rechecked the camera settings and even did a factory reset, but no luck. I also made sure the shutter was set to mechanical. The on-camera strobe works fine. :frown:

2. stagor

stagor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Netherlands / N.Ireland
    Stan
    I use a Metz44af1 but that is M 4/3 dedicated works fine manual or TTL, and can be adjusted with the G80/85 dial.

3. Repp

Repp Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I cannot give advice on the newer you're currently having issues with, as I use godox lights (V860ii-O, tt350-o ad200 for ttl/hss, v850 and ad360 manual). But, the most likely problem is one of connectivity. It's going to sound stupid, but with the new camera bodies make sure the flash is all the way forward (this happens to me surprisingly often, think it's good, then look again and it's not) and make sure the connection plates and pins are clean. Always have the flash/trigger on before the camera.

4. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 All-Pro

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I just use a manual Yongnuo YN560.
    Not all flashes fit correctly like the example below