G85 & 100-400 at Thruxton Truck racing.

pitkin

Mu-43 Rookie
P1180622.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1180628.JPG
P1180864.JPG
P1190042.JPG
P1190679.JPG
P1190849.JPG
A few from Thruxton on Sunday. All SOOC jpegs. I was a bit more comfortable with the camera than my last visit, which was my first attempt at motorsports with the G85. If you read this Ian, I ended up with a single focus box after your suggestion, and it seemed to give me more success. Thanks :)

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
View attachment 662954 View attachment 662955 View attachment 662957 View attachment 662959 View attachment 662960 View attachment 662961 A few from Thruxton on Sunday. All SOOC jpegs. I was a bit more comfortable with the camera than my last visit, which was my first attempt at motorsports with the G85. If you read this Ian, I ended up with a single focus box after your suggestion, and it seemed to give me more success. Thanks :)
Very nice set. Are you using caf or saf?

pitkin

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks Dan, I'm using CAF.
Just to add to that, I found that only the first photo in a burst would come out reasonably well, the others seemed to miss focus. I don't know if that was a limitation of the CAF or me though.

Last edited:

jmwhite151

Mu-43 Rookie
Nice pictures. I don't think I've seen truck racing like that. That's awesome. Are those trucks specifically for racing or do they dual duty as work trucks as well?

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Just to add to that, I found that only the first photo in a burst would come out reasonably well, the others seemed to miss focus. I don't know if that was a limitation of the CAF or me though.

Can't speak for Panasonic, but the CAF on my EM1.2 seems to work a whole lot better if I slow down the continuous shooting speed to 4 frames a second or less (my preference is 3). The bonus is that you have less photos to edit after a day out.

panamike

Mu-43 Legend

Cant remember the name but have you got the refocus setting at its fastest, it could help with getting more of the burst sharp.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
Nice pictures. I don't think I've seen truck racing like that. That's awesome. Are those trucks specifically for racing or do they dual duty as work trucks as well?
They are heavily optimized for racing, though I suspect the racing regulations insist they are capable of towing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom