G80 not responding to some buttons.

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
My G80 seems stuck in AFF mode. Nothing I have tried gets me out of it. Then this morning, I went to change ISO, and the ISO button doesn't respond. If I use iA the camera does change the ISO itself.

Now I notice that none of the four directional buttons work, ie White balance isn't available, but the buttons will move the foucus appoint around the screen.

I think that there is a way to reset all the settings but I can't find how to do that in the manual so could somebody make a suggestion please.

Last edited:

Slade

New to Mu-43
Assuming your menu/set button still works, use that to open up settings. Select the spanner icon on the left hand side. Then scroll to page 5/6. The reset there will "Return all settings to shipping condition" So any custom changes or settings you have made will be lost as a result of this.

Hope that helps.

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
Assuming your menu/set button still works, use that to open up settings. Select the spanner icon on the left hand side. Then scroll to page 5/6. The reset there will "Return all settings to shipping condition" So any custom changes or settings you have made will be lost as a result of this.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Slade. Unfortunately that hasn't worked, and now I am stuck with ISO3200. So I am guessing that it is a mechanical problem, probably with the focus selection button. Time to contact Panasonic UK I guess. 😭

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
I've just ordered a refurbished G80 from Panasonic UK for £449. That deal includes a 12-60 lens that I was going to buy s/h for about £150, so effectively the G80 comes in at 300. Still a bit of a shock though.

I have requested an estimate for repair, but if it is too much, I will simply keep the existing G80 as a backup to use in iA mode.

Slade

New to Mu-43
It is interesting that the buttons will move the focus point on the screen. Perhaps you can assign another button for the ISO.

I discovered a while ago that if you press the button in the centre of the rear dial you can then use the rear dial to adjust the ISO and the forward dial will adjust the WB. Could be a work around. (Not sure if this is set by default or I have somehow managed to set mine to do this).

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
I am not being given the option of assigning ISO to any Fn button.

If I press that button and turn the dial I get the option to assign something else to that Function button. One of those option is WB but not ISO adjustment.

I have found an option of Cursor button lock that I never knew existed.

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
Still playing around. In C1 mode I can adjust the ISO as usual. C1 was set up to autobracket but if I diasable that I can at least use the camera with a reasonably low ISO.

But the only options I get for focussing are Face Detect and 1-Area,

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
Well - good news. I did another reset and turned the camera off while I went to get a drink. When I turned it on again, it was working OK. So if anybody has to do a reset, leave the camera off for a minute or so. This morning I turned mine off and then straight on again.

Now I have to decide if I keep the new G80.

Thanks for your input Slade.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom