1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G80/G85 and IBIS only Telephoto Use

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ScottinPollock, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock Mu-43 Top Veteran

I understand this is a subjective evaluation, but what can I expect out of the G85 when using telephotos without lens based stabilization.

With my Nikons (DX crop sensor) I can get good results hand held at 200mm (300mm FF equiv) down to about 1/50th wit VR equipped glass, which is about 2-3 stops. Can I expect the same results with a non-stabilized 150mm on my G85?

2. Cagey75

Cagey75 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2017
    I can get sharp shots at 1/5 no problem with the Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm F4-5.6 R @150mm, I can do 1 second, but obviously the keeper rate is lower. It is possible though.

Depends on your technique and steadiness. But 1/10 is a cinch and should guarantee sharp images unless you are shaking a lot

3. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Same results? The short answer is no. Because you can get even better results.

4. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Depends on your technique.
    And IBIS seems to work far better on short focal lengths. I cant tell the difference with my G85 & 14-140 with the lens stabilization off or on, but I am not good at holding my camera still these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.