1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G7 - 4K photo crop factor?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by deacon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. deacon

deacon Mu-43 Regular

Jul 7, 2015
    Deacon
    Does the G7 further crop the jpgs you extract when using the 4k photo to achieve 4:3 aspect ratio? I think that there's a 1.1x crop factor during 4k video recording in 16:9. I've read you can specify the aspect ratio for 4k photo, so I'm wondering if it maintains the height of the 16:9 image and crops the sides further for desired ratio.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Supposedly it's the same 2.3x crop factor regardless of the aspect ratio chosen. I.e. it does not crop from 16:9. At least, that's the way it is on the GX8.

Using the Panasonic GX8 and 4K Photo for Insects in Flight

3. deacon

deacon Mu-43 Regular

Jul 7, 2015
    Deacon
    Thanks for the link - I follow that site but hadn't read that article. Then I read the article a couple of times before I noticed you had asked (and had answered) my exact question!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.