G6 users Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Mickr78, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mickr78

Mickr78 New to Mu-43

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi All,
    I've following this forum for a year or so & decided its about time I signed up.
    I'm looking for some help with my G6 from any experienced users. My viewfinder & LCD seem to be stuck on the 16:9 format, no matter what aspect ratio I have it set to. I shoot in 4:3 & find I have to keep cropping my images because I'm missing the full image in the viewfinder (black border top & bottom) & end up composing wrongly. My G2 never had this issue. I've searched the manual & have come up empty. Is there a trick I'm missing? Thanks all for your help & nice to meet with you. Mick.
  2. neelsd

neelsd Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    I played around with various menu options, but was unable to produce your situation. What firmware version is your camera?
  3. Mickr78

Mickr78 New to Mu-43

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi Neelsd,
    Thanks for your input. I accidentally have it sorted now!! If anyone else ever finds themselves with same problem, go to; Custom Menu - Rec Area- & set icon to camera as opposed to video. It was bugging me for the last week, glad I found a fix.
  4. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    I was about to suggest you did that.
    On my G5 which doesn't have a dedicated video option on the top so you have to make the selection in menu in order to preview 16:9 before you start to record video. Took me a while to figure that out.