G6 users Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Mickr78, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mickr78

Mickr78 New to Mu-43

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi All,
    I've following this forum for a year or so & decided its about time I signed up.
    I'm looking for some help with my G6 from any experienced users. My viewfinder & LCD seem to be stuck on the 16:9 format, no matter what aspect ratio I have it set to. I shoot in 4:3 & find I have to keep cropping my images because I'm missing the full image in the viewfinder (black border top & bottom) & end up composing wrongly. My G2 never had this issue. I've searched the manual & have come up empty. Is there a trick I'm missing? Thanks all for your help & nice to meet with you. Mick.

2. neelsd

neelsd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 17, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    I played around with various menu options, but was unable to produce your situation. What firmware version is your camera?

3. Mickr78

Mickr78 New to Mu-43

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi Neelsd,
    Thanks for your input. I accidentally have it sorted now!! If anyone else ever finds themselves with same problem, go to; Custom Menu - Rec Area- & set icon to camera as opposed to video. It was bugging me for the last week, glad I found a fix.

4. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    I was about to suggest you did that.
    On my G5 which doesn't have a dedicated video option on the top so you have to make the selection in menu in order to preview 16:9 before you start to record video. Took me a while to figure that out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.