1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

[g6] no manual adjustment in video mode after updating firmware to 1.2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by tooloudtoowide, Sep 4, 2014.

1. tooloudtoowide

tooloudtoowide New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2014
    it's rather new subject for me as I own G6 just two days but...

after update to firmware 1.2 (from factory 1.0) I have experienced during recording movie (manual movie mode):
    - not working direction buttons so impossible to change WB but... ISO changing works (down direction button) !
    - during recording when press record it slightly changes with saturation and contrast, looks like switching to standard profile from my custom profile

has anyone has experienced that or similar?

maybe there is something new (like new option) to set up to work properly.

I remember right that I was able to change WB during recording on firmware 1.0...

2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I can't answer your question, but I always hold off on firmware updates until I hear reports from people who have updated successfully and don't have any issues. I recall there were some other issues that people noted when they updated the firmware on their G6, but I can't remember what the issues were.

That's why both of my G6's are still on 1.1, and who knows whether Panasonic will ever issue a fix for the G6 firmware, since we haven't heard any new information about the life expectancy of the "G" line of cameras from Panasonic.

3. tooloudtoowide

Sep 4, 2014
    ijm5012 thanks for reply, can you check on your G6 that is still on firmware 1.1 is it possible to change WB during recording movie in manual mode?

4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Yeah, I'll try to remember to check tonight when I get home. In all honesty though, what's the benefit of changing WB while recording? If I'm a betting man, I'd venture a guess that it's not doable even on firmware 1.1

5. tooloudtoowide

Sep 4, 2014
    if you can check one thing:

camera on manual movie mode, go to picture style in the menu, go down with all sliders (so -5 on everything), go back from menu, press record.

what is happening on my g6 is turning back to standard setup of the picture style. when you turn down the contrast, saturation - it's very visible. if not, it's something wrong with my camera after the update.