G5 with 14-42mm lens on groupon uk for £499!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Acliff, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Acliff

Acliff Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2011
    Southampton, UK
    Hi guys,

Panasonic G5 with 14-42mm lens on groupon for £499.
    Unsure as to the 3 year extra warranty and cashback, but they're a UK company so will see what happens once I get a receipt.
    Cheapest body only UK price I could find was Mathers of Lancashire at £525

Panasonic Lumix Digital Camera

Deal valid until tomorrow evening!

• Like Like x 1
  2. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Might be worth phoning them and asking re cashback - £80 cashback on the G5 so that would make it £420 + you can also get 5% topcashback on Groupon (£25) so that would make it less than £400 - bargain!

3. Acliff

Acliff Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2011
    Southampton, UK
    I didn't think to check quidco/topcashback!!!!
    Do you know of any way of getting the cashback without cancelling order and reordering?

:frown:

£80 cashback is on the 14-42x kit, on the normal 14-42 kit it is £50 cashback I think.
    On their website they seem to provide links to cashback offers on some of their compact cameras, so fingers crossed.

4. Acliff

Acliff Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2011
    Southampton, UK
    Just checked and the offer retailer Crampton and Moore are an official Panasonic retailer so the cashback and 3 year warranty offer should be valid (as they are not specifically excluded from the 3y warranty, such as amazon/jessops/currys)

And I've just ordered a second g5, and cancelled the first one so I could take advantage of the quidco cashback :cool:

£20.83 cashback through quidco (worked out on pre VAT price)
    £50 cashback from panasonic

End cost: 429.16 including 14-42 lens

SRS are selling 14-42 unboxed at £79, so in my mind, getting the body for £350.

5. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Oops - yes, sorry missed that - it is indeed £50 with this lens and £80 with the x lens.

No you would have to cancel and re-order to get tcb/quidco cashback as it can only track the sale when you go via the cashback site. Clear cookies first if doing this then use the cashback site link to make sure it tracks. (I find tcb more reliable for tracking - had a few problems with quidco tracking and so no longer use them).

6. theoldfella

theoldfella New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2012
    Southern England