G5 TTL results

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by sokar, Jan 12, 2013.

1. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Hi All,

I was hoping some Pany users can offer some opinions on the G5 and its TTL output. I am considering purchasing a G5 when the eventual price drop comes with the release of the G7.

Does the TTL function deliver reliable and consistent results when using an external flash such as FL600R or FL36R (on camera of course)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I only have experience with Oly bodies.

Thanks.

2. LDBecker

LDBecker Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 8, 2012
    I did a dual camera shoot recently and took about 120 quick fun portraits for my church event before Christmas- 60 with the 5DII/580EXII and 60 with the G5/ Olympus FL600R flash. The little G5 kept up really well! I even used the iA blue light mode and it was great. The camera also knows that it needs to change the white balance to flash - It's neat to see the camera sorting that out. I had a good experience with it,,,

Larry Becker

• Like Like x 1
  3. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks Larry.

4. BillW

BillW Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Scranton, PA
    I have not used an external flash on my G5 yet. Just wondering how flash exposure compensation works with the Olympus flash? Have you tried it?

5. LDBecker

LDBecker Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 8, 2012
    Works just fine, adjusted either on camera or on the flash - tried both and it worked as expected...