G5 kit now $359.99 New @ Amazon

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
Plus, what's the best camera now will feel dated in a year given the way the technology is changing. I'd rather save the money on the body and spend it on lenses, since they'll be good until they break or the MFT format dies.

i think for around 400, this deal is pretty much all lens and no bodies lol. the 45-150 is running around 200? and the 14-45 is like another 100 or so, meaning the G5 body for 100? that's crazy lol.

broncophil

Mu-43 Veteran
BTW.. They were out of stock on both, but they allowed me to order with "WILL SHIP IN 1-2 WEEKS STATUS"

Ok. question for you guys.. I already have the OLY 40-150 and THE OLY 14-42 from the OMD kit.

Which ones would you guys sell.. now I have two zooms, and two kit 14-42?

I just wanted the body.. see below for the price I paid.. I'm figuring I'll make at least $220.00 back if I sell the new PANNY STUFF.. and about $180 if I sell the OLY STUFF..

Total Before Tax: $404.99
Estimated Tax: $32.40
Order Total: $437.39

broncophil

Mu-43 Veteran
update from email..

Your estimated delivery date is: (LENS)
Monday, May 13, 2013 -
Thursday, May 30, 2013

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
With your OM-D the OIS doesn't really matter. Though with your GX1 it would be nice.

I'm a fan of the 45-150, but not the 14-42. You could try them both out and see if you like them better than your current lenses.

BTW.. They were out of stock on both, but they allowed me to order with "WILL SHIP IN 1-2 WEEKS STATUS"

Ok. question for you guys.. I already have the OLY 40-150 and THE OLY 14-42 from the OMD kit.

I just wanted the body.. see below for the price I paid.. I'm figuring I'll make at least $220.00 back if I sell the new PANNY STUFF.. and about $180 if I sell the OLY STUFF..

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
I think I like the 45-150 better than my Oly 40-150. I don't normally use the wide zoom kit lenses but I tried out the 14-42 Panasonic and it worked better than I thought -- though I have nothing else to compare it to.

I guess the main thing is to have the Panasonic lenses for the stabilizers. I'm hanging on to the Panasonic 14-42mm for that reason. It does a reasonable job -- but is very plastic-y and cheap feeling.

The 45-150mm does not feel like a cheap kit lens. It's smooth, solid, and has a metal mount. General feel of quality about it.

stalker

New to Mu-43
I'm in for 2. Let me know if you're really interest in one of them and we can work it out. ($359+postage, which will be cheap CO to CO).
I'm based out of Boulder. Do you still have the 2nd set available for sale? If so, would you be willing to meet in person?

(Sorry about the creepy first post with that creepy nick :tongue:)

jgmankos

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I bought the G5 kit this morning it showed the offer with the 40-150 but wouldn't let me add the lens to my cart...so I bought the camera so I wouldn't miss out on the deal and hoping to convince customer service to give me the lens with the rebate. No luck yet...but I'll keep trying as long as they are offering the deal :smile:

juangrande

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm based out of Boulder. Do you still have the 2nd set available for sale? If so, would you be willing to meet in person?

(Sorry about the creepy first post with that creepy nick :tongue:)
Oh man! Now we're going to have to have a photo meet!:rolleyes:

juangrande

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Panny lenses for panny body! Sell the oly, you can use the panny's on both. bodies

jgmankos

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I bought the G5 kit this morning it showed the offer with the 40-150 but wouldn't let me add the lens to my cart...so I bought the camera so I wouldn't miss out on the deal and hoping to convince customer service to give me the lens with the rebate. No luck yet...but I'll keep trying as long as they are offering the deal :smile:
Well, after being hung up on by 2 reps (I wasn't being rude to them, I think they just were confused with what I was asking so they dropped the call..."Oops!"), I decided to go the email route were I could provide links and such and possibly explain better the situation where the "Special Deal" was showing, but not allowing me to add the 45-150 to my cart. After a few emails I was instructed to purchase the lens (with a 1-2 month wait, obviously) and they would take the $200 off that order. Sure enough...they did it so I wound up with the 45-150 for $45, and the G5 kit for $360 for a total of $405 plus tax for the whole kit. WooHoo!

superdad3d

New to Mu-43
Well, after being hung up on by 2 reps (I wasn't being rude to them, I think they just were confused with what I was asking so they dropped the call..."Oops!"), I decided to go the email route were I could provide links and such and possibly explain better the situation where the "Special Deal" was showing, but not allowing me to add the 45-150 to my cart. After a few emails I was instructed to purchase the lens (with a 1-2 month wait, obviously) and they would take the $200 off that order. Sure enough...they did it so I wound up with the 45-150 for $45, and the G5 kit for $360 for a total of $405 plus tax for the whole kit. WooHoo!
when was this?

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
B+H Deal

I bought the G5 deal from B+H at 4:30 P.M. Friday afternoon.. just got in under the wire. I had seen the 45-150 bundle deal come and go over the last couple of days and lo and behold, it was there again. So, for $543 I have a new Cam, the ubiquitous 14-42 (and I will use it and abuse it:) and the Pany Tele (back-ordered)

The camera deal was there last time I looked earlier today, the long lens not so.

BD

This is from the 45-200.... they ALL have their merits
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stalker

New to Mu-43
543/598+100 gift certificate deals are still available through B&H/Adorama

MadMan

Mu-43 Regular
Man, the G6 must be near!
Wednesday morning is the "rumor." It sounds like the G6 would have been worth waiting on normally, but ... these G5 deals were just too good to ignore. Even if I do eventually get the G6, I don't think I'll lose any money unloading the G5 used, and this way I can take my time waiting on the deal, not jump too early because I am impatient with the limitations of the GF body I have.

Glad some folks were able tot get in on the amazon deal I posted when prices were optimal. It only lasted a couple hours. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it at slickdeals too :) But I like to think I pulled some new 43 users in that way, did my bit.

So, I got the G5 + 14-42 kit + 45-150 lens all for $359.99. I am one very happy man :) I got rid of my GF3 on Sunday (though I kept the 14mm pancake prime), so I am all in on the G5 & MFT now! My Lowepro Event Messenger 100 bag arrives tomorrow.-- not gonna be putting THIS Panny in my pocket like I did the GF3, lol.

juangrande

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying the price was a mistake and they are canceling the order. However, the camera is on the UPS truck out for delivery. Maybe it will be free!:whoo: Anybody else getting this.

JasonA

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, I got the same e-mail. And my camera and lens were delivered Saturday! I guess they just sent it to everyone who ordered at that price, regardless of whether it shipped or not.

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Well, it was a heck of a mistake! You guys got some great iron (plastic? lol) for a very low price. Bravo!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom