1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G5+14-42mm $499!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by wreckless, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    This a great deal. I've been pondering replacing my G3 with a G5 - primarily for better handling, especially with lenses like the Lumix 100-300. But B&H has the GH2 body only for $499 right now. Decisions, decisions.

2. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Amazon just got 2 more in stock...

edits: Nevermind... Looks like they were just snagged within 5 minutes after my initial post

3. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    $499 with the lens is a screaming deal... I just received my new G5, body only, for the same $499 from Amazon. Ordered yesterday and received today. I don't want or need the kit lens, but I'd be happy to sell it cheap to make my G5 even less expensive.

Of course, that was the same way it was last week with the G3 kit I ordered for $299, just a few available for very short periods of time...and when my G3 kit arrived, the box had obviously been opened, there were fingerprints on the LCD, and it appeared that the lens had been mounted (not sure about this)...making me wonder if it was a return or 'open box'.

4. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Well, of the 5 "B&H" kits I flipped last week, all were untouched and brand new...bad luck Inguess.

5. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Well, I've had my G5 from Amazon for about 12 hours and I'd like to keep & use it…but I'm considering returning it to Amazon and buying from B&H now that they are offering the G5 kit for the same price I paid for body only!

If I wanted a tele lens longer than 100mm this would be the time to buy, though from the reviews I'm not sure the 100-300 is a good lens to buy or for my use, though it would round out my m4/3 system perfectly.

6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Just return it, Amazon doesn't like to match prices.

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    I may, but I'm going to have to wait, watch, and time a purchase from B&H... within one hour the price was back up to $600 for the G5 kit.