1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G3 with PD

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by sinyin, Jul 5, 2011.

1. sinyin

sinyin Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2011
    I noe this has been discussed before, plz bear with me ya folks!

i m planning of getting a G3 from PD, but heard that the shipping is lousy, just wanna ask those deals with PD, if i were to get the UPS second day, will they ship accordingly? because i will stay in US only for a month, reading previous thread on preorder G3 with PD seems unlikely i can get it in a month without paying the shipping fees, perhaps i should just get one from amazon but $90 difference? I wanna save up that bucks to get memory card and case for my g3 :)

Thanks ya all for helping! gettin more n more addicted to this forum ^^

2. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    Regardless of the method Panasonic Direct ships, it won't benefit you any if they do not have the inventory to fulfill your order.

You may want to place the order with PD and if the camera is not received within a few days of your departure cancel with Panasonic and order from Amazon (Hopefully they will have inventory).

I am still awaiting my pre-order which was expected for delivery in June.

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Here's a suggestion... order from Panasonic Direct. If you don't get the camera a week before you leave, cancel the order and then order from Amazon.com with next-day or two-day delivery. Amazon is very good with shipping. On the other hand, how badly to you want the camera to use before you leave the U.S.? How much is your time worth?

EDIT: I see I was posting at about the same time as IIGQ4U. So the OP has two suggestions for the same strategy. BTW, I cancelled my G3 order from PD less than an hour ago after waiting two months. I hope everyone else who is waiting receives satisfaction quickly.

4. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    Duke
    haha, mine says expected to ship May

5. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    Lol, unbelievable!

6. sinyin

sinyin Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2011
    i will stay until mid aug only, maybe i wil order frm PD and get the second day UPS or next day UPS, hopefully its in stock :(
    how is the reputation of 42 street photo? i saw it has some discount tho its not much :X

7. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Got mine today. Ordered they pd back in may.

8. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    Duke
    Awesome! Did you get any ship notification or anything? Maybe there is hope yet :)

9. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    nope. i was going to call and cancel last week, then they said it shipped the previous day. pd is not very good at customer service. lol ..so i was pleasantly surprise.

10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Wouldn't it be a riot if, after cancelling my G3 order around lunchtime today, I got home from work tonight and found a package at my door?

11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    welp, that's a good sign I suppose. Is your online status updated to reflect anything new?

Anyone else order from panasonic direct get theirs? What was your time frame in ordering?

12. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the G4 will be out by the time mine ships from PD.

13. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Let's stay positive. :smile:

14. sinyin

sinyin Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2011
    lets pray hard and hope panny have lotsa g3 in stock and evyone get theirs :)
    i thk i wil order as soon as possible in case it ship few days after i left :X

15. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    nope..it doesn't even say delivered. Pretty pathetic. I'm surprise there's not a lot more posts about this camera. I know people have started getting theirs.