G3 with gloves

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ripleys baby, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    _1040451 by Fungal infection, on Flickr
    This morning i used the G3 with gloves for the first time. It was not as bad as i thought it would be. I had better control of the jog dial, even fn1 (ae lock) did not prove to be a problem. However. Most times i brought the G3 to my eye, something was ready to be altered, iso & wb most of the time. But easily cancelled with a touch of the shutter. I also found myself recording video twice.
    I'll need to check to see if red button can be shut off.
    Over all, not the nightmare i thought this small camera would be.
    Battery held up very well too, perhaps due to me holding the camera most of the time. Hope you dont mind but the shot below was with an Olympus XZ1.
    This also performed better than expected in the cold (0deg). 6322418449_8d84571fe2_b.
    PB070534 by Fungal infection, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 3
  2. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I really like that second shot. I took the liberty of playing around with it and darkening the upper left corner so that the tree gets the focus, makes it even better I think, see here. Again, :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    beautiful light! I've got a pair of mitten/gloves where the mitten part can be pulled back to expose your fingertips momentarily while taking a shot. They work well.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Though very subtle, that change does work . :thumbup:
  5. m43er

m43er Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2011
    Timely post...I'm gonna be using G3 in some weather that requires gloves too..so good to know it works in cold temperature.

The red video button can be turned off. I did as I too found myself turning on video accidentally sometimes.