1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G3 what color?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by MrDoug, Oct 3, 2011.

1. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Eliot... funny! The wife and I just upgraded our cars to new ones ('11 Durango Citadel and '11 Wrangler Rubicon - we're doing our part to stimulate the economy!). Both in guess what color.... SILVER! Living in the country, dark cars don't look good for more than 5 minutes after a wash! But silver seems to last a long time before crying out for a wash. :rofl:

Image captured with a guess-what-color.... a chocolate GF3.
    P1000288.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Image captured with a black GH2.
    P1000965.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Clearly, chocolate cameras make better images than black ones. :wink:

2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You didn't get the new engine in the 12 wrangler?! Panic! It's so much peppier!

Ok bed time for me.

- Eliot

3. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I thought about it, but we got such a great deal on the '11 and the V6 in the '11 Wrangler is really quite satisfactory for the type of vehicle that it is. I drive the Wrangler fairly conservatively anyway.

The Citadel on the other hand... yes, we got the V-8 Hemi in that bad boy and it's an amazing engine. Effortless, smooth, potent power. I absolutely love V8 engines.

Did you get the V8 in your Grand Cherokee?

4. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
  5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
  6. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I had the black G3 and I now have a red one. Black one seems to be smooth on the back of the camera, while the red seems to have a bit of a matte surface. Feels more durable.

7. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I also have the Vivitar 24mm f2.8, and have a lot of very good pics with it. I'v used it on E-p1, G1, and E-520. It is the OM mount. Only problem other than not being AF is that it is heavy!

8. djonesii

djonesii Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    my g1 was red, and went with black on the G3 ..... If I had it to do over, I'd stick with the red ..... lets you take serious photos even less noticed .... How could that guy with a red camera get a good photo!

Dave

9. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Canera, any camera = Black :rolleyes: 

D in W

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

dad always said that brides wore white because all kitchen appliances come in white. And yet i have a very fond eye for a white camera, i'm thinking that will be my next colour.

11. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    It doesn't. It's something similar to car paint. It's also not like apple because it's useful.

Black: traditional, serious, gets 'noticed' more.
    White: chic, carefree, most casual.
    Red: Ferrari. Loud and 'LOOK AT ME'.

If you're a hipster, go with white, otherwise go with black.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.