G3 what color?

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
how about IBIS in OLY vs no IBIS in Panny? …

For image stabilization there seems to be two schools of thought. The ones that favour in-camera claim it is cheaper in the long run. Those that favour in-lens claim that in-camera can't be optimized for all lenses. I suspect either way will work but "ya pays your money and takes your chance"

For me I know how well I can handhold non stabilized lenses and I am never sure how much I can rely on IS ensues so I tend not to use them.

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The white G3 is not nearly as sexy as the white GF1, and I think the silver is a huge part of it

Markb

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Everyone knows red cars go faster, so red cameras must take better pictures :)

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
A way back in my early days of photography almost all 35 mm DSL were silver. A few photojournalist started putting black tape on their cameras so they would be less of a target in stressful situations Companies like Nikon started making black bodies, for the pros, and likewise started charging a premium for them; hence black bodies were born! Being too cheap I took my then Spotmatic and covered it in black tape and I looked so David Douglas Duncanish, all ready for a war. From that point on I have favoured black cameras and I must admit they have done me well as I have never been shot at while holding a camera.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
The white looks cool. Black is classic. This time around, I decided chocolate brown was just the ticket!

G3_Zeiss.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MrDoug

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The white looks cool. Black is classic. This time around, I decided chocolate brown was just the ticket!

G3_Zeiss.jpg
I never imagined I would like BROWN.. but that looks AWESOME.. great choice.. I will see if I can find one..where did you get it?

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Mr Doug... I love the color of this camera. It's fun, different, but doesn't scream out... so it's subtle enough for street photography.

Source, as with most of my gear purchased over the last thirty years or so... B&H.

Your choice of a G3 is a very good one. I love this camera. The G3 is an exceptionally capable camera is all respects and produces superb IQ. With the built-in EVF and the fully articulating LCD screen, you can shoot this pretty much any way you want or need to. Great over the head, at the waist, on the ground. I've shot it at a 90 degree angle, at waist level, doing street photography... helps a bit with not getting "busted". :rofl:

IQ? As good as it gets in the world of m4/3.

P1020161.jpg

P1020227bw.jpg

ISO 800
P1010928.jpg

Night street photography at ISO 2000:
P1010726.jpg

MrDoug

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mr Doug... I love the color of this camera. It's fun, different, but doesn't scream out... so it's subtle enough for street photography.

Source, as with most of my gear purchased over the last thirty years or so... B&H.

Your choice of a G3 is a very good one. I love this camera. The G3 is an exceptionally capable camera is all respects and produces superb IQ. With the built-in EVF and the fully articulating LCD screen, you can shoot this pretty much any way you want or need to. Great over the head, at the waist, on the ground. I've shot it at a 90 degree angle, at waist level, doing street photography... helps a bit with not getting "busted". :rofl:

IQ? As good as it gets in the world of m4/3.

P1020161.jpg

P1020227bw.jpg

ISO 800
P1010928.jpg

Night street photography at ISO 2000:
P1010726.jpg
Thanks Don.. You ARE GOOD .. awesome ptotos.. considering Brown G3.. does it come with a instruction manual of how to take pics as good as you do?
:smile:

MrDoug

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks Don.. You ARE GOOD .. awesome ptotos.. considering Brown G3.. does it come with a instruction manual of how to take pics as good as you do?
:smile:
Well, after all the color feedback and color options.. by the way, I appreciate all the responses.. wow.. colors are a popular topic.. I have chosen and ordered a BROWN.. can you believe BROWN. my wife said I am ready for the physic office and I am out of control.. If my mother was alive she would think I were Sick.. LOL .. but the BROWN looks Hot with the Black with it, and with some Siiver lenses.. shessh.. oh, well.. I know it won't take any better pics.. that is up to me.. I did hear though that Silver Bodies take the best photos.. LOL.. thanks again for the responses..

KVG

Banned User
Real Name
Kelly Gibbons
I think I'll contact colorware and see if they will colorize my gf1 like they did the leica:2thumbs:

MrDoug

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think I'll contact colorware and see if they will colorize my gf1 like they did the leica:2thumbs:
Ya, that leica was cool.. I will check that Brown G3 out.. I will send you pic with Silver Lens.... I think Brown will take better pictures.. LOL just kidding of course.. :smile:

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Doug... congrats! Be sure to let us know how it goes. The G3 is a great camera. Especially in chocolate! :wink:

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
Ya, that leica was cool.. I will check that Brown G3 out.. I will send you pic with Silver Lens.... I think Brown will take better pictures.. LOL just kidding of course.. :smile:

official best pics by camera color is as follows...
pink with hello kitty, brown, then silver, then last place is black way way waaaay behind any other possible color ;)

grats on the new brown cam!
i would have ordered a brown ep3 if they had one.. and then got a nice luigi leather strap.. and it woulda matched my new grand cherokee in RUGGED BROWN! *attempts RUGGED look*:rofl:

Latest threads

Top Bottom