1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

g3 shutter release

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by scottyboy, Nov 13, 2011.

1. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    would like a remote wireless shutter release for my g3 .saw one on amazon that replaces panasonic DMW-RS1 but if i'm correct the g3 calls for panasonicDMW-RSL1. is there a diff. in RS1 and RSL1 ? the pans. are wired.any help/ suggestions.thanks

2. JayShiva

JayShiva Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Yarm, UK
    I bought a cheap shutter release from eBay; cost me about £5, as opposed to the £50 Panasonic offering.

It works great! Plus I can afford to replace it 10x before I regret not buying the Panny one!

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    The RSL1 seems to have a locking feature so that you don't need to keep the button pressed during long exposures. I've never seen an RSL1 in the wild; I use 2 RS1 remotes, one with the G1 and one with the GH2. Both were bought off eBay for a fraction of the price of a new one. It takes a little patience before one comes along. Both have survived so far although this doesn't say much because I treat my gear fairly gently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
  5. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
  6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Try this...

I've used this circuit before. It's compatible with any of the Panasonic cameras that use the wired remote. The special 4 conductor plug is identical to the one used by older Nokia cell phones. I went to my local "Dollar Store" and bought several wired earpieces for Nokia and cut the earpiece off. It's a very simple circuit. It's labeledfor the "FX" series but it works with the FZ and G models as well.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/5472323149/" title="FZ WIRED WIRING by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr"> 5472323149_facff353b7_b. "1024" height="697" alt="FZ WIRED WIRING"></a>

7. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Great, thanks very much! I'll measure my RS1 later to see how it matches up with the diagram you presented. I might make a remote with a short cord (like 20cm) because I hate the fumbling around with the long cords I have now.

8. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

It should work

All the Panasonic's are interchangeable.
    If you have the same plug it should work fine.