1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G3, 'My kingdom for a paper manual' that...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I can actually read.

Manuals on disk are a real pain, and frustrating to the N'th degree.

The G3 manual I find worse than most, there being no 'proper' index as such, just a 'contents' page and finding anything using that is almost impossible :rofl:

I know I can print it but that's an awfull lot of paper/ink for something that gets used less and less over time.

What's a decent paper manual going to add to the overall price....£1 or £2 tops.

C'nom Panasonic make a great camera even better.

D in W

D in W

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    But Dave, even if you printed it, you would still have a manual with no proper index !
    I agree about it being naff, but given time you won't need it.
    It's actually easier just to sprint through the camera menus until you find what you want.
    I've had my G3 almost 6 months now, I have it set up just the way I want. I dont go
    Into the menus much now. It's a great camera when you first get it, it's even better when you get used to it.

3. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Is it in pdf format? Press CTRL + F (or command f if you're on a mac) to search the manual.

4. NickLeon

NickLeon Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Somerset UK
  5. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    and this is why I actually love the fact the manual is in a PDF. Though, a well thought out index would still be nice to be able to sift through.

6. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Yes, the PDF manual has a proper index.....and pages 2,3,4 are the proper printed index when printed

Contax G1 Film RF with CZ-G 45mm f/2 still for sale in the classified.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I'm totally with D in W. You've spent enough cash to get a printed manual. I think it's an insult to not include one. A manual you can take with you to check on settings and whatnot. I don't have my computer along with me in the field when I forget how to do something.