1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G3 ISO Button Pressed Accidentally - A Fix

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Guilhelmus, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Guilhelmus

Guilhelmus New to Mu-43

Aug 12, 2012
    I am using a G3 as my walkaround camera, but I am finding that the design of the rear thumb rest is such that I often end up pressing the ISO button by mistake. I have discovered some unnecessarily high ISOs either when shooting or, worse, during post process. A common problem it would seem judging by the various threads on this forum. The G5 seems to have a much better design in this regard.

It occurs to me that this could be resolved by the addition of an external thumb rest, similar to the Thumbs Up for Leica. Does anyone know of anything suitable on the market at a reasonable price?

• Like Like x 1
  2. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I have the same problem. Today I ended up taking several shots at 6400! I do it all the time. Wouldn't it be great if there was a lock switch on the camera body that disabled all the buttons. Other than that I love the G3.

3. hajbo

hajbo New to Mu-43

Jan 22, 2013
    SkellefteƄ Sweden
    Lars Lindmark
    I have the same problem. Hope someone finds a solution. A small Nobel prize to the person who is best

4. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I think the only way of avoiding it would be to change those buttons to operate as the focus area buttons. But then you lose the quick access to ISO and the other functions. You could still access them from the Q menu though. I may do that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

It does work well for me. Added ISO to the Q menu and left ISO as the last used function, then each time I press the Q menu button I go straight to ISO. That works for me as I do change ISO settings often. Turn Direct Focus Area to ON to disable the four shortcut buttons.

• Like Like x 2