1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G3 custom settings for bracket shooting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by spinyman, Jan 1, 2012.

1. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Cannot be done at this time.

2. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Spinyman, many thanks for doing this, I appreciate you taking the time and trouble. The settings you have used are exactly as I have done and all apears to work.
    What you may not have noticed is that, when you switch to Aperature mode single shot, the Bracketed symbol is still activated and showing S for single. This means that if you had set up a 5 exposure bracket originally, when you change to A mode single, the next 5 single exposures you make will be part of the bracketed sequence eg 0, -2, -1, +1, +2 etc, you images will not be exposed correctly for 4 out of the next five images.
    The display indictes this for you, the Bracket Sysmol with the S next to it continues to Blink while you still exposures in the sequence. You can confirm this by taking a bracketed sequence with C1, switch to A mode and take 5 shots of different things, when you look at the images you will see that each of the five have a different exposure compensation.
    This is the issue that we have been reporting, you cannot go from C1 to normal single shot photography without turning of the Bracket Mode.
    Many thanks for you efforts anyway, I have raised the issue with Panasonic as a mod for Firmware update, all we can do is ask.
    Regards, Brian

3. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Brian,
    You are absolutely correct.I failed to notice this somehow.
    Oh well, back to the drawing board.

4. kenc

kenc Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    kudos to everyone...

... for persisting with this until the misunderstanding was resolved. I can now stop trying to set up my camera to do exactly what I had hoped. The G3 is still great for bracketing and it isn't hard to make it work. A firmware fix would be nice, though.

5. sevenil

sevenil Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2011
    If you have a line into Panasonic...........it would be nice also to be able to again have the ability to combine the timer delay with bracketed shots. Another plus would be a return to having a single press of the shutter activate your chosen bracketed set.

Sometimes, we seem to get change for change sake, when the original way of doing things has more than a little merit..........