1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G3 C1/C2 Settings

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Cruzan80, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Hey All,

Have gone though the manual, and didn't see anything specifically referencing this. I shoot primarily with legacy lenses, and as such are usually using A or M. I can do quite a bit to the custom settings, but I have yet to figure out how to get them off "full-auto" aka. P.

It seems like I have to set the camera to over-expose to get a good picture on them, except sometimes, when it just works. I understand both that shooting in P is not recommended, as well as the adapter is acting akin to a macro tube in that it is robbing light, needing it to overexpose.

How do I switch the custom settings to either Manual or Aperture mode, or are they just locked into P?

2. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Have you actually saved the settings? You need to be in the mode you want it to be in (M/A/S/P), set it all up then custom menu -> custom set mem

3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    So you are saying set the dial to option i want, then save? I have been saving while leaving the dial on c1/c2. I have made sure i saved overall, but never saw a menu option for that. Will give it a try.

4. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    This is NOT true! The adapter in no way acts like an extension tube (your "macro tube"). It merely holds the lens the proper distance from the sensor to achieve a normal focus range including infinity. When focused to infinity, the effective f/stop will be exactly what is marked on the lens.

The "light loss" associated with extension tubes is the result of moving the lens substantially further from the sensor than it was designed to be in order to focus much closer.

5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    So what is causing the underexposure when set to P mode? Is it trying to compensate for a f-stop of 0.0, as that is what it is "measuring"?

Didn't mean to pass across misinformation, just trying to think of what might have caused it.

6. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    BTW, putting the dial on the correct option resulted in changing the custom settings. Thanks! I kept looking for a menu option, and never thought about the dial.