1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G3 Burst Mode Bug?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by harry_s, Aug 29, 2011.

1. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I shot a full days motorsport with my G3 for the first time today and noticed a very annoying 'quirk' that I could not fix regardless of the options I chose...

Focus Mode: AFC
    Burst Mode: High
    Focus Priority: Off

On a static subject with confirmed focus lock (green square) the camera would fire at its full FPS rate. However, when panning fast moving cars (which never once gave me a confirmed focus lock, hence me turning Focus Priority off) it would not burst, holding down the shutter would fire at about 1fps instead of 4fps experienced on a static object. As far as I can tell from the manual, Focus Priority would be the only obvious option that could stifle the burst rate, yet this was definitely off.

Any ideas?

2. lannes

lannes Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Did you exceed the buffer capacity, I believe it's 7 shots for raw, then it would slow down while it cleared the buffer.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I believe its the AFC - I have been reading a lot since I just got mine, don't recall if it was in the manual or one of the reviews.

I would think AF LOCK would be a huge improvement for your kind of shooting.

4. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    No it was after the first shot in a sequence that it would then 'stall', shooting JPEG.