G3 Burst Mode Bug?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by harry_s, Aug 29, 2011.

1. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I shot a full days motorsport with my G3 for the first time today and noticed a very annoying 'quirk' that I could not fix regardless of the options I chose...

Focus Mode: AFC
    Burst Mode: High
    Focus Priority: Off

On a static subject with confirmed focus lock (green square) the camera would fire at its full FPS rate. However, when panning fast moving cars (which never once gave me a confirmed focus lock, hence me turning Focus Priority off) it would not burst, holding down the shutter would fire at about 1fps instead of 4fps experienced on a static object. As far as I can tell from the manual, Focus Priority would be the only obvious option that could stifle the burst rate, yet this was definitely off.

Any ideas?

2. lannes

lannes Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Did you exceed the buffer capacity, I believe it's 7 shots for raw, then it would slow down while it cleared the buffer.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I believe its the AFC - I have been reading a lot since I just got mine, don't recall if it was in the manual or one of the reviews.

I would think AF LOCK would be a huge improvement for your kind of shooting.

4. harry_s

harry_s Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    No it was after the first shot in a sequence that it would then 'stall', shooting JPEG.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.