G3 battery performance - what do you get?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Jermonic, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Just for the heck of it, how many shots have you been able to drive out of your G3 on one charge? Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't search my way to any similar topics.

I recharged my battery to the fullest, and then stuck an empty SD card into my G3 to put it to the test.

These are my results:

Battery: Original
    LCD/EVF: Mostly EVF
    Climate: Mostly indoors, some 40 shots outside (about freezing temp).
    Lens: Mostly 20 mm 1.7, maybe 10% images from the 14-45mm.
    Flash: Fired ~30 times.
    Result: 324 shots

Not too bad, I'm quite comfy with this result. Anyone else care to share? I'm especially a little curious as to what difference the use of LCD would make.
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    267 shots, 90% EVF below freezing. camera on sling strap all the time. :smile:
    Swapping between 14mm and OM 50mm. No flash used. Original battery.

No complaints from me :2thumbs:
  3. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
  4. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I'm on 842 frames and about halfway down the 4th battery charge cycle but the first couple were eaten up by the usual heavy menu diving I do with a new camera. As I've never had a Panasonic before, this took a while figuring out what some of the settings did.
    I'd say somewhere not far under 300 would be about right. I use the EVF and keep the display turned in unless I need a menu item or for rare picture reviews. Flash, maybe 20-30 frames just to check it out.
    Testing continues...