1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G3 available at Newegg

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by donatom3, Jun 27, 2011.

1. donatom3

donatom3 New to Mu-43

Jun 1, 2011
    Newegg has the G3 available to ship now in 3 colors. Newegg.com - dmc-g3 Free shipping and at regular retail not the inflated we got it first people on the Amazon marketplace.

I just ordered mine. This will be my first Micro 4/3 camera. In fact it'll be my first interchangeable lense camera. Everything I've been reading is saying this camera is probably a great place to start.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    i've sworn i would never get anything from newegg again. they tend to sell and not say things are refurbished. but then again g3 is new so there's no way this could be one. i'm still waiting for my preordered from panny.

3. donatom3

donatom3 New to Mu-43

Jun 1, 2011
    I've bought from Newegg for so many years. I've never had them sell me a new item as refurbished. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, just hasn't been the norm for me.

4. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    But not: "Body Only".
    When are the Body only pre-orders going to be shipped to these merchants?

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    @Donatom - welcome to the forum! And thanks for the G3 tip for the early adopters!

6. donatom3

donatom3 New to Mu-43

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome. Just an update newegg sent me a tracking number. I'm in California but they shipped it from their New Jersey warehouse.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

7. hikeabout

hikeabout New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    Somerville, MA
  8. donatom3

donatom3 New to Mu-43

Jun 1, 2011
  9. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    It appears that Panasonic Direct is ready to ship more. Friend had her CC charged today. BTW 17th St photo has G3 in stock at normal prices from their site or at least it did Saturday. I cancelled my black body only from PD and ordered a brown kit from Kenmore Camera in WA and received it Saturday. I am happy with the brown and very happy thus far with G3. Size is right for me, handling is lovely, IQ looks good but until LR upgrades I'm not going to fiddle with RAWs. I'm shooting RAW + jpeg but so far mosty shooting to get familiar with it. Lots of pluses over G1 and GF1.

Diane

10. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    NO, all listed places, 17th Street, Newegg, Crutchfield, Kenmore, Panasonic Direct are "Pre-Order"...That means "Out-Of-Stock" I just checked minutes ago...

11. donatom3

donatom3 New to Mu-43

Jun 1, 2011
    Did you see my post where Newegg already shipped mine today?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

12. hikeabout

hikeabout New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    Somerville, MA
    At the time of my post, I had just placed an order for a black, body only G3 at Crutchfield after receiving an email from them notifying me that it was in stock. Looks like they ran out pretty quick.

13. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    No matter, I just pre-ordered at Panasonic Direct as a "Club Panasonic" member for $509.99... but, it is still a waiting game... Canceled my Adorama Pre-Order for the $599.99 price..

14. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    I did the same, getting the $509 plus tax plus very minimal shipping from Cub Panasonic. Have been reading a number of reviews and they are all mostly possitive. It sounds like the in-camera jpeg processing is very good, with the ability to fine tune it as well. They are to some degree marketing it as a "photojouranlist" camera, so seem to have concentrated on producing good images right out of the camera. It sounds like the ideal camera for me.

15. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    this is strange. ordered thru epp panasonic as well. just called to cancel my order (change of heart due to waiting for olympus stuff). then they told me it shipped yesterday. will get here after the holidays (7/5). i guess i'll keep it...lol

anyone else get their order yet from panasonic directly? they must have shipped out all their preorders before olympus even tomorrow? to make sure they don't cancel.

16. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Well, I just ordered the Body, So no shipping it out yet. :frown:

I guess they want to sell a lot of KITs first, then ship the Body Orders next...
    Oh Well.... :confused:

17. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    i only got the body only. :thumbup:

18. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Just called Panny Direct.

The G3 body only ($509.99) is in stock, but takes 48 hours to process the order before the Warehouse gets the Order for Shipping. :2thumbs::2thumbs:. SO for me, that means by Thursday Evening (6-30-2011), it may be shipped out. :2thumbs::2thumbs: And I have 2 day Delivery, so I can have it on Saturday the earliest..

19. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    congrats. :2thumbs:

did anyone ask if the new panny leica 25mm can be preorder thru panasonic direct? i forgot to ask them.

20. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    I just noticed on my email receipt that one of the last 5 numbers on my CC is wrong , It was past 9pm EST, so I sent an Email, but I will call 1st thing in the morning... and correct it... DAMN, I hope I don't wait again!

:dash2::dash2::dash2::dash2::dash2::dash2: