G3 and OM-D EVF

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Hyubie, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Hello -

Anybody has any insight regarding the difference - if any - between the G3 and the OM-D EVF? I had the G3 before, thought and expected I'd use the EVF quite extensively. I find I didn't like the colors coming out of the EVF, so I ended up using the LCD most of the time.

I'm thinking if the OM-D is not much improved over the G3's EVF, I might seriously consider the E-PL5 - only thing then going for the OM-D for me would be its IBIS. :smile:

Thanks.

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Not sure about the G3, but the OMD's EVF is significantly nicer to look at than the GH2 in my experience. Better colors, no tearing artifacts, and sharper overall.

3. McDark

McDark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2011
    Russia
    OMD's VF is miles away from G3' in all aspects.

4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I could be wrong, this is just from store use observations, but I find Pana finders bigger. Omd seems a bit clearer and more life like(higher refresh rate?).

5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Thanks for the input, everyone. Unfortunately I'd have to find a store that has an OM-D in stock to check it out for myself, but the more life-like description seems encouraging. I don't mind the size (EVF itself or the screen size), but I do want the image on the EVF to be much better.

6. McDark

McDark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2011
    Russia
    That's true, especially in high rate mode, it's almost close to optical. There are no annoying rainbow-like effects also. It's absolutely different, G3' VF is almost unusable for me, it's just uncomfortable for my eyes while OMD's is perfect.