1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G3 + 25mm 1.4 D

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by matai, Jun 21, 2011.

1. matai

matai Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 20, 2011
    Do you guys think that the Panasonic G3 and Leica 25mm 1.4 D lens will make a great combo for low light picture taking?

I think I'm going to preorder both but want to make sure that they'll work well together.

Thanks!

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    a match made in heaven for what you want to do with them.

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    In the m4/3 world, the G3 + PL25 might be the second best low light combo. I think the GH1 still has the best DXO scores for low light performance for a m4/3 camera.

4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, and equally effective with lots of light...:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. matai

matai Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 20, 2011
    Do you think that combo will be good for landscapes as well??

I'm hoping with this combo I won't have to change lenses too often unless it's a big zoom lens or something.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    If I owned that lens it would never come off my camera. You can always zoom with your feet.

7. matai

matai Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 20, 2011
    Sweet! Sounds like I'm on the right track. I'm hoping that the G3 w/ that lens will fit in my FZ100 bag. I just put pre-orders in for both, can't wait!

8. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    the Gf1 with what lens?

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I think the lens might be a touch too big, but you'll know soon enough.

10. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Yes. I use the GH2 and Nokton 25mm and it's a great focal length for landscape.

Understand though (I don't know how much experience you have), when you use primes for landscape you have to 'think' much more... (Which is a good thing once you get used to it)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.