1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G2 software

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by eeaa, Mar 2, 2012.

1. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ...Hi! ..is there anyone can help me how can I get the photofunstudio 5.0 which comes with G2 and LX5 only? ...the reason is because sadly I broke the installer cd before installed... :frown: I've already tried to download on the panasonic website but there are only updates for it... I m very frustrated because this program need for all updates for my camera and lenses.. help! :frown:

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    how about my photofunstudio and silkypix shipped along with Panasonic ZS7 and GF3? I believe those suit you too. I'll go check my CDs tonight, just let me know your email and max attachment allowed.

3. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
  4. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    well, if you'd like to give 6.0 a try, I can send that a few hours later. anyway what did you say you need the software for, I suppose the camera works fine without it

5. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ...yup the camera is fine, but the software need all updates for the body and lenses.. install the 6.0 just wasting time I'm shure about that... but thank you anyway..

6. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    that's sad

I updated both ZS7 and GF3 and two lenses, all using firmware on SD card method, firmware downloaded from panasonic.

7. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ...hmmm.. I'will give a try for sd card update... cheers..

8. bryan

bryan Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2012
    I can confirm that you do not need any special software to upgrade the firmware on the DMC-G2, or connected lenses. Just copy the new firmware .BIN file on a high quality SD card, insert the card in the camera, turn it on, and press the PLAY button.

Make sure that you only copy one .BIN file at time (i.e. update your body and lenses separately), and re-format the card before taking pictures.

9. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ....that's right I've checked on the website today... also realised there isn't any firmware for me :smile: ...but still need the photofunstudio 5.0 :frown:
    ...cheers anyway!

10. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    More than that Panasonic says the battery has to be fully charged or it won't update.

Panasonic gf3 lumix14 2.5 Olympus14-42 3.5-5.6
    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Mu-43 App

11. bryan

bryan Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2012
    It's possible to update without a fully charged battery, but you run a higher risk of bricking your camera should the battery die during the update.

It's also recommended to use a genuine Panasonic battery during the update.

@eeaa: Why don't you contact Panasonic and ask them to send you a new CD?

• Like Like x 1
  12. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ....I've sent an email yesterday, let's see what's happen...

13. eeaa

eeaa New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2012
    Glasgow U.K.
    ...well .... I can buy the cd for 26GBP ... :smile:
    ...so if anyone can help me to make an iso file or send me a copy an other way I would appreciate it... cheers...