1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

G2 reviewed at Imaging Resource.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bilzmale, May 5, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

• Like Like x 4
  2. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

thanks for sharing :)

I was hoping for a bigger increase in IQ but whats interesting is how the G2 compares to the NX10 in lowlight, I'd say its marginally better, althought as IR state it might b differences in exposure which cause this.

It seems the touch screen was popular with them and I'm sure touchscreen begin to change the way we shoot.

Next issue of amateur photo (uk) will have a review, I'll try to sum up what is says in a few days time

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Hey, I want voice recognition before I upgrade.

"Over there. No..over there stupid. See that crawly thing on the leaf with the legs? Yeah.. that one. Focus on THAT. No, Not that one dumbass, over thERE. OVER TH......."

Bokeh D

4. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

All in all, I'm glad I got my G1 with what seems to be a better lens, for $150 less!

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    My wife has that whenever we go out together......

6. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Here's my quick sum up of Amatuer Photo magazine's review as i said i would do, gave the G2 an 85%.

They seemed reluctant to rate it higher than 8/10 in all their criteria, except dynamic range where it scored 9/10 and autofocus where it scored 28/30 (the reviewer was very impressed with the touch focus area select and touch shutter feature).

The review liked how well the 144 zone metering system performed in tricky situations and liked the image quality - he said the slight straight curve (compared to other brands s curves) helped keep blown out highlights to a minimum and that the camera resolved a great amount of detail, he also liked the natural look of jpegs. Also he was impressed with how responsive the touch screen was, so sensitive the g2 would take photos if the screen was accidently touched.

Not really many negatives apart from... noise levels in comparison to other aps-c sized sensors. however he did comment saying that noise is only really obvious at iso 6400, at which in well exposed areas it isn't a problem, whilst in underexposed areas cyan and magenta patchs of noise appear.