G2 review up at dpreview...

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Confirms my observations on the jacked-up high ISO performance. The new processor went a bit beyond the capability of the sensor I think. The high ISO images looked over-processed to me. I'd still pick the G1 if I had a choice between the two, especially given the price difference.

AverageCanadian

Mu-43 Regular
hmm I was looking for a decent comparison between the new panny kit lens and the Oly one. I will be selling my E-PL1, so perhaps I will swap lenses before I do. :)

LeeOsenton

Mu-43 Button Clicker
Real Name
Lee Osenton
Big Discount!

Confirms my observations on the jacked-up high ISO performance. The new processor went a bit beyond the capability of the sensor I think. The high ISO images looked over-processed to me. I'd still pick the G1 if I had a choice between the two, especially given the price difference.

After a lot of reading and consideration, I did just that and got it for $500 shipped! The savings paid for a Panasonic 45-200mm lens.

Lee

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
Interesting review. From what I understand, the images are not that much better than my G1 can do.

Still the GH2 may have some nice new features and the upcoming FZ45 might be interesting.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
I've got a second G1 body coming, less than 1 month old, 1 shooting session only, £195, no regrets having subsequently seen the review, and as the review concludes if you have no need for the video capability then the remaining supply of G1's represents good value.

Barrie

Latest threads

Top Bottom