1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G2 raw file compatibility with iphoto on leopard

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kosta, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    Hi guys,

Am just posting this q for my bro who just received a g2 as a 21st bday present.
    Unfortunately his iphoto (running leopard os) doesn't recognise his raw files, and yet my
    Iphoto (snow leopard) does...

Any light shed on this would be great thanks:) 

2. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sphexx

sphexx Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Harrogate, Yorkshire
    I found that iPhoto in Leopard [on a non Intel Mac] would not recognise my Panasonic G1 RAW files while Aperture 3 on the same computer would. In theory this is impossible because the RAW recognition is part of OS X rather than the application. I have not pursued this as I also have Snow Leopard on another computer, but maybe it is possible to "trick" iPhoto into behaving "correctly".

One solution, since Aperture 3 is now relatively cheap from the Apple App Store would be to download the trial version [not available from App store but still available from Apple] and check that it recognises the G2 RAW files before purchase.

Richard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.