1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G2 My Color Modes

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by vsiddhartha, Apr 1, 2011.

1. vsiddhartha

vsiddhartha Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    New Jersey
    I've been fiddling around with my new G2, and the My Color Modes Monochrome, Retro, and Silhouette produce some neat photos, but I can't seem to be able to adjust anything (i.e., aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exp comp, etc.) in these modes. Am I missing something? Are all the Panny G cams this way? This severely limits the usefulness of these modes!

2. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Apart from adjusting the colour this is a fully auto mode, just like most of the scene modes. If you want to adjust ISO, aperture or shutter speed then use a suitable mode. You can then adjust colour with a choice of film modes, saturation and contrast. The colour mode is not limited, it is a simple auto mode. If the mode was not included the camera would be none the worse for it, its a little extra, not a major feature that must be included.

3. vsiddhartha

vsiddhartha Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    New Jersey
    I understand it's a simple auto mode, and that's my complaint. It would be much more useful to be able to control the exposure within that color effect framework, especially for people who don't want to PP.

How can I get the monochrome/sepia and silhouette effects in the customized film modes? I spent a little time playing with it and couldn't get very close.