G2 Image Rotation in Aperture

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by RedSnapper, Aug 31, 2010.

1. RedSnapper

RedSnapper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2010

Just joined as I have got a G2 to go with my Pentax K-7.

When I import my raw files into Apple's Aperture, the portrait-oriented ones aren't rotated.

I think the camera is set properly, so is this an Aperture issue, or is this information not in the raw file, or something else?

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm pretty sure the G2 would have an orientation sensor so I suspect an Aperture issue but not being a Mac user can't comment further. I'm sure more knowledgable users will chip in soon.
  3. G2 does not rotate portrait images

Unfortunately, the G2 does not rotate the image when a non-OIS lens is attached. The body itself does not have an orientation sensor.

This is one of the "minor" annoyances I call out (#8) in my mostly favorable E-P2 to G2 experience review over at serious compacts. (E-P2 to G2)

It does rotate the image properly with the kitzoom, as well as with the 45mm/f2.8 and 45-200mm Lumix lenses. Unfortunately, my main lenses these days are the 20mm, the Olympus 9-18mm, and any number of legacy lenses, all of which require manual reorientation in Lightroom. (Which I use instead of Aperture.)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RedSnapper

RedSnapper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2010

and I was using the 20mm.

Oh well.

Thanks a lot,