G2 Image Rotation in Aperture

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by RedSnapper, Aug 31, 2010.

1. RedSnapper

RedSnapper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2010
    Hi

Just joined as I have got a G2 to go with my Pentax K-7.

When I import my raw files into Apple's Aperture, the portrait-oriented ones aren't rotated.

I think the camera is set properly, so is this an Aperture issue, or is this information not in the raw file, or something else?

Regards,

Rich

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm pretty sure the G2 would have an orientation sensor so I suspect an Aperture issue but not being a Mac user can't comment further. I'm sure more knowledgable users will chip in soon.

3. G2 does not rotate portrait images

Unfortunately, the G2 does not rotate the image when a non-OIS lens is attached. The body itself does not have an orientation sensor.

This is one of the "minor" annoyances I call out (#8) in my mostly favorable E-P2 to G2 experience review over at serious compacts. (E-P2 to G2)

It does rotate the image properly with the kitzoom, as well as with the 45mm/f2.8 and 45-200mm Lumix lenses. Unfortunately, my main lenses these days are the 20mm, the Olympus 9-18mm, and any number of legacy lenses, all of which require manual reorientation in Lightroom. (Which I use instead of Aperture.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedSnapper

RedSnapper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2010
    Ah...

and I was using the 20mm.

Oh well.

Thanks a lot,

Rich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.