G2 for $300 (body only) GH1 for $350 - from Panasonic EPP store

arpoador

Mu-43 Regular
0304_G2K_bundles_EPP.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[http://www.panasonic.com/promos/eblasts/2011/March/images/0304_G2K_bundles_EPP.jpg]

Amazing cameras for the price.

(By the way, my company does not participate. I joined their EPP store through facebook.)

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Don't see a way to sign up for EPP via Facebook unless your employer is a participant....?:confused:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
They have great prices for quite a few Panasonic products by going this route. For example, you can get $100 off a GF2 and 14/2.5.

Here's the way to do it:
1) Join Facebook if you haven't already
2) Go to Panasonic | Facebook
3) "Like" Panasonic to become a "fan"
4) Follow the links for "Fans only deals" and "VIP Store"

At that point, you'll see the prices shown in the attached file.

Attachments

• Panasonic.png
    Panasonic.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 487

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
They have great prices for quite a few Panasonic products by going this route. For example, you can get $100 off a GF2 and 14/2.5.

Here's the way to do it:

Regrettably, it doesn't work for me. In my case, I wind up at a similar-looking page but with much higher prices. There's a workplace discount icon, but getting into that part of the store requires your employer to be a member of EPP. Guess I wasnt meant to have a G2 body for $300....:frown:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Chuck, did you already have a Panasonic.com account logged in? If so, log out of that, clear your cookies, and try visiting again from the Facebook page.

Anyone who is a fan through Facebook should be able to get those prices without EPP.

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Amin, thanks. I've been trying to do this from my iPad so I'm not sure how to clear the cookies. So far as I know, I had never been a member of panasonic.com and registered only when I saw the lead post of this thread. Maybe I'll fire up the laptop and see if I can follow a different path. I sincerely appreciate your help!

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Same dead end. I give up. My wife will be happy that I failed to purchase yet another camera!:tongue:

VasManI

Mu-43 Regular
Anyone know if Panasonic will match their own special/price on a product that shipped but wasn't delivered yet?

cbrock

Mu-43 Regular
Anyone know if Panasonic will match their own special/price on a product that shipped but wasn't delivered yet?

Not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to contact them. I know they don't charge you until a product is shipped. I asked them about that. If you buy a GH2 body through the site, they don't charge you until it ships. You can get the facebook fan price of $765 for the body only, but they don't have a shipping date for those (but quite a good deal)

I want the 14mm pancake so I was thinking about buying a GF2 w the lens for 600, then selling the body only on amazon as new for about 500 :biggrin:. Might pick up a white body, people seem to love those.

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Here's the way to do it:

There must be different levels of EPP pricing. I can get the GF2 for $525. (GO Comcast! lol) It's listed for $595. in your screen shot.

cbrock

Mu-43 Regular
There must be different levels of EPP pricing. I can get the GF2 for $525. (GO Comcast! lol) It's listed for $595. in your screen shot.

I believe there are different levels. Some people said they can get the GH2 body for $625 I believe. Still, better than paying retail, and usually the manufacture charges full retail when you buy direct from them. Not bad for just being a facebook fan.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I believe there are different levels. Some people said they can get the GH2 body for $625 I believe. Still, better than paying retail, and usually the manufacture charges full retail when you buy direct from them. Not bad for just being a facebook fan.

Yep. Lenovo's been doing it for years. Historically it's been frowned upon to undercut your dealers. If you are B&H, why would you carry Panasonic cameras anymore if Panasonic is going to out compete you for the end user?

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
I've never had an EPP with panasonic and I just followed the Facebook method and I see the 300 / 350 prices.

I don't usually have trouble navigating websites, but this one defeated me. I opted for what may be a slightly higher price on eBay, depending on whether the Panasonic FB offer involves added cost for shipping and local sales tax.

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Okay, I finally found the path! BUT....here's what happened:

* I selected the G2 for $299.99
* Based on Zipcode, shipping of $1.99 was added; subtotal $301.98 (tax to be determined)
* Entered address; tax of $44 and change computed; subtotal jumps to $586! Page actually shows $299.99 + $1.99 + $44 = $586 (not in my book...)
* Entered credit card info and went to transaction review: same voodoo economics, but now a box appears at bottom showing that base price is $540 not $299.95
* Shut down transaction immediately!

Bottom line IMHO is that they have a hole in their EPP process that let's you view the EPP prices but not actually complete a transaction unless you're an EPP member, not just a Facebook fan.

Did anyone actually complete an order for one of these items?

Latest threads

Top Bottom