Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by soundimageplus, Feb 20, 2010.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    According to a leak reported on http://43rumors.com/http://43rumors.com/ we are about to get a G2 and a G10?? from Panasonic.

The official announcement is apparently scheduled for Wednesday 24th. Feb.

There have been rumours of an LC1 type camera circulating - could this be the G10?

Should be an interesting few days, with probably more "accidental" revelations.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Thanks for the link

looks interesting I am intrigued as to what sensor improvements we may see, it's all rather exciting, I have just been reading the D3S review on DPR, that sensor is awesome, if only it was all smaller.

3. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010

If its true then G1 > G10 seems a bit of a jump. When Panasonic put together their ads for the Focus on Imaging show they did mention new cameras - so there are obviously 2 cameras on the way.

An LC1 styled high end camera would be great, and for some reason Panasonic added the LC1 & their Leica 4/3 lenses to the new site they opened up for Singapore. Though it was my understanding that the original LC1 didn't sell well.

Its very intriguing - and it seems that maybe.....maybe we may be about to see either high end m4/3 or Panasonics version of retro m4/3.

Then again it could be their version of the E-P1L - or the rumour could be false. Either way it's alway fun to speculate.
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for letting us now.
    I expect Panasonic will come with a starter camera (low budget) and a semi prof camera.
    (downgrade and upgrade of it's line of cameras).
    Let's wait and see what they bring to table.

Best regards, Herman
  5. melv

melv Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2010
    South Yorkshire, UK
    I think I'm off to the show at NEC in March to have a look-see; I hope one of the new cameras will be a 'semi-pro' version of the G1 with an improved sensor. If so I'll ditch my Nikon gear pronto and take the plunge into the world of m4/3.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I did read a piece where it stated the new sensor Panasonic is working on produces high ISO images that match and even exceed those of the Canon 5D2 so that will be interesting, apparently it was delayed due to relocating their manufacturing to a new site in Japan.

I had personally expected Panasonic to merge the G1 & GH1 into 1 new camera and add the new sensor but who knows.

I would expect them to upgrade the Lx series so two cameras are very realistic with a potential upgrade to the GF1 at the ned of 2010 or early 2011?
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Interesting, maybe the G10 is an E-PL1-class Panasonic?
  8. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I hope Panasonic includes wireless flash in their next body. I really like that feature on my E-30 and miss it on the GF1.
  9. asiriusgeek

asiriusgeek New to Mu-43

Feb 21, 2010
    Southern WI, USA
    I am waiting anxiously for the announcement. I'd like to jump in to the m4/3 pond, but am trying to figure out which camera would be best for me. I take a lot of photos of my dogs in action so am hoping for more shutter speed. I'm more interested in still photography than video at the moment.