1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

G1 three-year guarantee

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Glenn S, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I recently bought a G1 over the web, from Mathers of Lancashire and today I got a three-year guarantee in the post from Panasonic.

I understood the three-year guarantee was only available for cameras bought in the dealer's shop. Has this happened to anyone else here?

2. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    I bought a G1 in a shop... and had to chase them up for the 3 year guarantee certificate! Guess this balances it out...

Maybe they put it through as a shop sale for you, I'd not complain about getting the extra guarantee!

3. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks Tam, certainly no complaint from me :smile:

4. sphexx

sphexx Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Harrogate, Yorkshire
    Perhaps Panasonic will read what you wrote and take your guarantee away :biggrin:
    I went for the same deal elsewhere and the rules on the Panasonic website are quite explicit. They offered a £50 cashback and if you had a demonstration of the camera in a shop you got a three-year guarantee!

5. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Cheers Sphexx, I'm a lot happier now :wink:

I understood Panasonic's T & C for the G1, which is why I'm surprised I got the three years.

6. Freedomwalker

Freedomwalker New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2010
    I got my G1 from Jessops back in April and only just received the 3 yr warranty, but I received TWO £50 cashback cheques, one in May, and one in July:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.