G1 three-year guarantee

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Glenn S, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I recently bought a G1 over the web, from Mathers of Lancashire and today I got a three-year guarantee in the post from Panasonic.

I understood the three-year guarantee was only available for cameras bought in the dealer's shop. Has this happened to anyone else here?
  2. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    I bought a G1 in a shop... and had to chase them up for the 3 year guarantee certificate! Guess this balances it out...

Maybe they put it through as a shop sale for you, I'd not complain about getting the extra guarantee!
  3. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks Tam, certainly no complaint from me :smile:
  4. sphexx

sphexx Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Harrogate, Yorkshire
    Perhaps Panasonic will read what you wrote and take your guarantee away :biggrin:
    I went for the same deal elsewhere and the rules on the Panasonic website are quite explicit. They offered a £50 cashback and if you had a demonstration of the camera in a shop you got a three-year guarantee!
  5. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Cheers Sphexx, I'm a lot happier now :wink:

I understood Panasonic's T & C for the G1, which is why I'm surprised I got the three years.
  6. Freedomwalker

Freedomwalker New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2010
    I got my G1 from Jessops back in April and only just received the 3 yr warranty, but I received TWO £50 cashback cheques, one in May, and one in July:biggrin: