G1 setup to get close to Oly

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Herman, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I like to get Oly color output with a G1.
    What are the settings to get close to Oly colors?
    Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.
    Enjoy your weekend!

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I use the OlyColy profiles for ACR/LR. I'm happy with the results.

They are 'donation-ware'.

3. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I had a look, it seems there haven't been more comments on that thread for a few months?

• Like Like x 1
  4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I don't know anything about the Oly colors other than what I've read, and they seem to match a setting I'm using on my GH1 (I use the RAW exclusively, but I like to have my in-camera JPEGs emulate what would be the final product as much as I can, hence my profile).

Dynamic
    Contrast +1
    Sharpness +0
    Saturation +2
    Noise Reduction +1

You can also play around with the Vibrant mode as well so see if that gets you closer to what you perceive to be "Oly colors".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your postings. I have set my G1 to settings suggested by photoSmart42. (thanks! a lot). Let's wait for the result.

6. jello212

jello212 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    What was the verdict with the above settings?

7. kwaphoto

kwaphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    I guess it all depends on what "Oly colors" really are. I am a long time Oly user of the E-1 and E-3 (E-510 as well in the past). On my E-3, my favorite jpg (I don't shoot RAW with Oly except in rare circumstances) is to use the "Natural" setting as is 90% of the time and rarely anything else. On my GF-1, I use the "Smooth" setting and reduce the NR down to -2. I've been pleased with this for indoors and people pictures. Outdoors, I like the "Nature" setting with + 1 saturation and -2 NR. Other than that, I really think a lot of this comes down to how the Oly implements WB vs. Panny. I find that custom WB nets better results than auto - especially indoors.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.