G1 setup to get close to Oly

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Herman, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I like to get Oly color output with a G1.
    What are the settings to get close to Oly colors?
    Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.
    Enjoy your weekend!

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I use the OlyColy profiles for ACR/LR. I'm happy with the results.

They are 'donation-ware'.

3. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I had a look, it seems there haven't been more comments on that thread for a few months?

• Like Like x 2
  4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I don't know anything about the Oly colors other than what I've read, and they seem to match a setting I'm using on my GH1 (I use the RAW exclusively, but I like to have my in-camera JPEGs emulate what would be the final product as much as I can, hence my profile).

Dynamic
    Contrast +1
    Sharpness +0
    Saturation +2
    Noise Reduction +1

You can also play around with the Vibrant mode as well so see if that gets you closer to what you perceive to be "Oly colors".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your postings. I have set my G1 to settings suggested by photoSmart42. (thanks! a lot). Let's wait for the result.

6. jello212

jello212 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    What was the verdict with the above settings?

7. kwaphoto

kwaphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Colorado, USA
    I guess it all depends on what "Oly colors" really are. I am a long time Oly user of the E-1 and E-3 (E-510 as well in the past). On my E-3, my favorite jpg (I don't shoot RAW with Oly except in rare circumstances) is to use the "Natural" setting as is 90% of the time and rarely anything else. On my GF-1, I use the "Smooth" setting and reduce the NR down to -2. I've been pleased with this for indoors and people pictures. Outdoors, I like the "Nature" setting with + 1 saturation and -2 NR. Other than that, I really think a lot of this comes down to how the Oly implements WB vs. Panny. I find that custom WB nets better results than auto - especially indoors.

• Like Like x 2