G1 lens question.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Helmetfire, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Helmetfire

Helmetfire New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2011
    Hello all.

I am new to the m4/3rds world, but not to photography (having just sold all my Nikon D2s and assorted kit), and have just taken delivery of a G1 with the standard 14-45mm lens. My question is; what would you suggest as a higher IQ replacement lens from the Canon FD range. I know some of you may be thinking "why the bloody hell did he not keep his Nikon lenses". Truth is I came to the m4/3rds world, after I had sold the Nikon kit. So any advice you can give me would be most welcome on this lens choice or any other you may think of.

2. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Depends what you are after, canon FD 50 1.8 is great. ( portrait lens)

I have experienced only a couple of FD lenses I find that the Tokina 35-135 has a very useful range. ( this will give a longer range than the standard kit)

True wide angle you have to keep your 14-45 which is good for that.

You can have a look at some of my tests it is not only FD but I tested a couple of FD lenses as well.

3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    hi Chris, welcome to the forum. I like your avatar :). The 14-45mm kit lens give pretty darn good IQ. You should try it a while, and then decide what it is that the 14-45mm cannot deliver for you. Its advantages over an adapted lens would be: compact size, image stabilization, and very fast and quiet AF.

4. Helmetfire

Helmetfire New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2011
    OK people thanks. I will give the kit lens a good work-out in the coming weeks, I was just trying to be ahead of the game, just in case. As for my avatar Warren, not meant to take cameras up, but...