1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G1, lcd, over dark shadows, etc...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Danny_Two, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Anyone finding their lcd or evf not displaying correctly?

Bare with me...
    I've been noticing recently that when I get my pics on the computer a lot of them appear to be losing detail in the shadows, almost as though they are part under exposed, this is varied from indoor to outdoor on bright days.

At first I put it down to bad photography, but I am starting to notice that images displayed in camera look fine, and seem to meter correctly, which suggests that the problem is with my computer.

I have a one year old MBP and consider the screen to be outstanding, but not wanting to be biased I have viewed the same pics on other computers and still they appear too dark in the shadows.

So, Im start to wonder if its the camera that over brightening in the displays, I even over expose slightly when shooting as I think this produces better results, yet still Im having to lighten a lot of shadows in PP to get a better picture.

Anyone care to in throw an opinion?

2. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    check the same images on another computer, I'd suspect your monitor. You can tune the brightness of the rear screen on the G1 ... try that too

if you go into a TV shop you'll soon see no two screens on the same channel look the same. Thats why they sell calibration equipment :)