G1 and fun lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dee, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dee

dee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    London Far South
    One of the reasons to buy a G1 was to have fun with my ex-USSR lenses .
    I have no less than 6 faux Leicas based upon Zorki 1 and Zorki S , all of which are smooth and georgeous with a fantastic finish .

I adapted one of the 50mm Elmar pretenders with a leather collar to prevent collapse .
    It's not just a poor recobstituted lens as you may expect , but I love the images from it !

Mostly it just looks so neat - and weighs nothing !

Attached Files:

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Why do you want to prevent the lens from collapsing? That makes it compact when traveling.
  3. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Now I'm curious, since I was told that if you collapse these LTM lenses it would damage the sensor.
  4. Kade.Sirin

Kade.Sirin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I think it was certain lenses, when they collapse, retract far enough into the body to cause damage to the sensor.
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I don't think that the lens would reach the sensor, as the digital sensor sits exactly the same distance away from the lens as a roll of film. What you would need to check is whether the m4/3 shutter sits any further foward than an old rangefinder shutter, and whether the retracting lens might interfere with any protrusions within the body (e.g. lens contact pins)
  6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Where's the photos?

Where can we see some of the photos? Definitely a "retro-fit"
  7. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    DO NOT collapse ths lens , it will hit the protection of the sensor nothing bad if you do it once , but in the long run you can end up scratching the sensor.
  8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    That's a cool black lens : I've seen plenty of the silver ones.
    My Jupiter and Fed lenses look great on my G1 too.