G1 800ASA church shot

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Kitlens, f5.6 , 1/8 sec. , 45mm (90mm), very bad light conditions.
I need higher ISO settings / other lens(es).
Do you think that other gear would give better result ?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, I assume you're talking about lighting, because different gear wouldn't improve the actual photo composition. Assuming you shot this at perfect exposure, shooting at higher ISO or using a faster lens would allow you to use a faster shutter speed to minimize the blur. A sharper lens with some better coatings would increase the sharpness (assuming it's properly focused), and might bring out the colors more. Also, if this is OOC JPEG, you might want to try shooting in RAW and doing a bit of PP using the RAW. RAW format allows you to bring out more details, and to recover information that's lost when the camera compresses the image into the JPEG.

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Herman,

What don't you like about it? The picture seems sharp enough and not too noisy. As to colors, careful exposure and post-processing can take care of that.

A faster lens (e.g., 45mm 2.8) would have allowed you to shoot at a higher shutter speed or lower ISO, but given that the picture does not appear unsharp or noisy, I do not think it would have helped in this case.

Regards,

Antonio

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Herman,

What don't you like about it? The picture seems sharp enough and not too noisy. As to colors, careful exposure and post-processing can take care of that.

A faster lens (e.g., 45mm 2.8) would have allowed you to shoot at a higher shutter speed or lower ISO, but given that the picture does not appear unsharp or noisy, I do not think it would have helped in this case.

Regards,

Antonio
Hi Antonio, guess this picturen was taken at a place where the lighting situation seems to be almost best of all. I just wonder would Nikon or Canon gear in this situation give any better result?
I like a mft camera that can shoot without flash in the dark.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Simply use a tripod and re-compose a bit to the left. they look all lopsided and faded and non-sharp : and I think there's a great picture hiding in there somewhere...
Personally I'd be tempted to stick something like a 135mm f2-ish lens on and take the pic from further away, on a tripod.
I can't see how another brand of camera and/or better high ISO would make a better pic ... but I haven't compared those type of things yet.

carl969

New to Mu-43
Hi Antonio, guess this picturen was taken at a place where the lighting situation seems to be almost best of all. I just wonder would Nikon or Canon gear in this situation give any better result?
Yes Herman, Canon and Nikon are better in high iso than G1. 6400 iso is like 800 iso on G1.
Look:
Canon 1D Mark IV vs. Nikon D3S – Evaluating Prints from High ISO Files Photography Bay | Digital Camera Reviews, News and Resources

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
No, I personally don't see how a camera with better ISO performance would have made the photo better. Like others have said, it doesn't appear to be a low light issue with the photo, but rather a composition issue.

Yes, there are certainly valid reasons for wanting a camera with better ISO performance, but I think even in this case you could have worked with the RAW file to bring out some more tones and brightness/contrast, or even added exposure. Have you tried that? That would be a way to answer the lighting question. What ISO setting did you use for this photo in any event? I didn't see where you mentioned the ISO used.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Herman, I can't do anything about the composition but the original was under-exposed, lacking in contrast and needed a bit of sharpening. It then looks like this:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you don't mind me editing your image. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom