1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

FWIW: FOUR 50mm tests on an EP1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Oct 16, 2010.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Just playing around with four lenses.

Nothing definitive, just playing around.

Below is a shot from some of my tests. All shots were at f/5.6. From top light, then clockwise, they are:

• SuperTakumer m43 mount 50/1.4 at 5.6 (upper left)
    • OM 50mm macro 2.0 at 5.6 (upper right)
    • Olympus 14-42 Kit lens at 5.6 (lower left)
    • Olympus 14-150 super zoom at 5.4 (lower right)

I actually tested five lenses, but I missed focus with my Rokkor. Judging from what I could see, the Rokkor likely was just a bit behind the Takumar and the OM.

My take is that the SuperTak was the best by a hair (I should redo this screen shot. In the screen shot, they look tied). I thought the OM would have beaten it. I might do some more testing just to see.

The kit (which I've stopped using since getting the 14-150) is clearly the weakest, but the 14-150 isn't bad, given what it is.

Like I said -- just for fun.
    [​IMG]

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    That is a Jpeg of a screenshot right?-in some kind of photo-editor?
    As such it cannot possibly show us the image quality of each lens.
    You could post four pictures with the lens written on them ... and that'd give us viewers a go at deciding sharpness/contrast/etc ourselves.
    I love these kind of 'for fun' tests, but only if there's something to see.

3. sheygetz

sheygetz Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    ... same here ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.