1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Future of Weekly Challenges

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by luiztakei, Jul 17, 2013.

1. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    It seems like our Weekly Challenges (successor of the 72-Hour Challenges) is not doing very well.

Maybe a combination of not very popular themes, lack of punctuality and short time?

This was already discussed here but let me say it again: personally I would like to see it turning into projects that really challenge, make us think and go out and shoot (maybe monthly projects?). We could still have one organizer who would, at the end of the month, choose her/his favorite photos.

What do you think?

2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    No offense to the leader of the current challenge, but it was an oddly specific topic.

I wouldn't mind adding a monthly project, but that doesn't mean the weekly challenges have to be dropped. It seems like there are lots of new faces around here so hopefully with more accessible themes more people will join in the fun?

3. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    agreed on all counts ... I do check the last challenge frequently to see other entries, though.

4. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    I would like to hear people's opinions about the monthly project idea. Would you be interested in participating?

5. aaronlongphoto

aaronlongphoto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    Louisville KY
    Aaron Long
    I woukd deffinatly be interested in a monthly project. Would fit it to my school and work schedule alot better.

Sent from my ADR3010 using Mu-43 mobile app

6. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I think a monthly project would be cool but I would like to see the weekly stay as well.

We need advertising. There's a lot of members here but I wonder how many even know about it.

7. chipshot713

chipshot713 Mu-43 All-Pro

May 24, 2012
    Pearland, Texas
    Kelly
    It may just be my observation , but it looks like the weekly challenge has lost interest.

8. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    That is what I think too. And, looking at the response rate here, it seems like its future also does not interest people... :)

9. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Monthly may get more interest.

10. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    So here's my suggestion: can somebody experienced (photographically speaking) organize a first monthly challenge? Something that could attract more people than the previous editions of the weekly one...

11. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    A moment of silence in memory of the Weekly Challenge.