Funny how things work out.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by OzRay, Apr 5, 2010.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I recently acquired a couple of M42 mount lenses and got an M42-m4/3s adapter; however, I didn't like the adapter, because it was of a much greater diameter than the lenses. So I ordered a couple of M42-M39 adapters and planned to use them with an M39-M Mount adapter that I have and then my M-m4/3s adapter (confused?). Unfortunately, when I got the adapters and put them all together, the registration distance wasn't great enough and so nothing could be focussed.

Bummer! Then I remembered that I had a Leica extension ring and when I placed all the adpaters together, with the extension ring, everything worked fine. So oddly enough, once again I was able to get the right registration distance with a bunch of somewhat unrelated adapters. The good thing about this is that the whole lot is smaller than the M42-m4/3s adapter. Also, the M42-m4/3s adapter isn't going to waste, as I can use this on a second set of bellows that I have.

All I can say is that m4/3s format never ceases to amaze me.

Cheers

Ray

2. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Ray....that's great you were able to cobble it all together.

Just curious......what lenses were you trying to mount?

R

3. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    They're both Komura, Sankyo Kohki, a 35mm and a 200mm.

Cheers

Ray

4. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Nice lenses.....I shot a 80/1.8 on a rangefinder a few years back. Nothing to complain about.

I hear there is a 36/1.8 that is hard to find with some nice qualities.

R

5. ballfresno

ballfresno Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    West Sussex, UK
    Which adaptor did you get originally? I've got one from Travor (HK based ebay shop) which looks and works very well indeed; the diameter is not large at all.

6. OzRay

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I got mine from digibatterycity. It's very well made, but much wider at the M42 end than it really needs to be, but then it's much the same as every other lens adapter. You need to note that the Komura lenses are pretty small, the 200mm is no bigger than my Leica 135mm Tele-Elmar.

Cheers

Ray

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    know what you mean ray , the versatility is amazing m4\3 is really user friendly