1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

FUNCTION – ON (Help Please)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by EFMax, Apr 12, 2012.

1. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
    FUNCTION – Olympus EP2

From the menu it is possible to get to the FUNCTION ON setting – one of the options, besides off, is – Each arrow pad button can be assigned a direct functions when they are pressed while shooting.

On the camera back are the button options – AF, ISO, WB, which relate to the above.

What I would like to know is this – can these buttons be assigned a custom setting, one that is more useful to my daily needs as I do not need the pre-programmed settings as they are found elsewhere.. guess what I am looking for are my own user configured Hotkeys..

Any help appreciated… cheers..

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    And the camera is ?

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Read the first line of the original post.

4. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Blimey ! How did I miss that !!!!

Ah, the camera was added on the edit ! So i didn't miss it.

5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Unsure on the E-P2, but on the E-P3 I believe you can map the right and down keys to a limited selection of other options.

6. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I believe that you need to turn on the hidden menu (part of Cogs) and then you will have access to customize the buttons... It's in the manual - download from Olympus, if you don't have the paper copy.

7. EFMax

EFMax Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
    Thanks for that.. I am away of the special menu but still struggling to see if I can re-map the buttons.. will keep playing.. thanks..

8. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Here's the drill, but first, set your camera to PAS or M mode. If you have it set to iAuto that will limit your choices.

To get started, turn on the gears/cogs menu this way:

press MENU
    press the down button to select the Wrench/Spanner
    press the Right arrow
    press the Down arrow to select MENU DISPLAY
    press the right arrow then set Menu Display ON
    now back out of the submenus to the first Menu items list.

Next, press up or down button to select the gears/cogs menu, then
    right arrow, then
    down arrow to BUTTON FUNCTION, then
    right arrow, then
    down arrow to the button of your choice
    and right arrow again to see the possible selections for each of the listed buttons.

The choices for each button are limited by which camera you have, but you can re-map several of them on most Olympus cameras. All the available choices for your camera will show up when you execute the last step of the process above.

Have fun!